★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bullet hell shmup

05-29-2010, 08:20 PM
#1
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 456
Bullet hell shmup

Anyone going to develop one of these? Got got espgalada 2 for iPhone but not HD. Either vertical or horizontal.
05-30-2010, 10:49 AM
#2
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 456
Just saw assault squadron came out. Probably will get it but really want an iPad or unified version.

05-30-2010, 10:56 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: the 56th realm of existence
Posts: 5,948
assault squadron is an amazing game which i can really vouch for. i've really liked the time i had with that game.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
05-30-2010, 11:09 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 385
bullet hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
assault squadron is an amazing game which i can really vouch for. i've really liked the time i had with that game.
assault squadren is not a bullet hell...

american titles that get labled bullet hell always make me laugh.

i will show you a real bullet hell and you can compare the difference.

even espugalda is very very very tame compared to the touhou series but its closer to bullet hell than any american title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKkS...eature=related
thats a game called Shoot the bullet. where you have to use a Camera and capture the enemy in the frame a certain ammount of times to beat her.

harder than it sounds. very addicting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1U50...eature=related
heres another level.

you can look up any of the Touhou series. but gamevil does not release bullet hell.. its about as bullet hell as Gradius.
05-31-2010, 12:03 PM
#5
There's always rRootage and noiz2sa both of which are free if you get the lazerhog games versions.

Open Feint/Gamecenter: The Running Man
Plus+: TheRunningMan
Agon/Gameloft Live: The_Running_Man
Currently Enjoying: Games.
06-02-2010, 07:11 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
assault squadren is not a bullet hell...

american titles that get labled bullet hell always make me laugh.

i will show you a real bullet hell and you can compare the difference.

even espugalda is very very very tame compared to the touhou series but its closer to bullet hell than any american title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKkS...eature=related
thats a game called Shoot the bullet. where you have to use a Camera and capture the enemy in the frame a certain ammount of times to beat her.

harder than it sounds. very addicting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1U50...eature=related
heres another level.

you can look up any of the Touhou series. but gamevil does not release bullet hell.. its about as bullet hell as Gradius.
touhou, one of the games Japan is crazy about

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221
06-02-2010, 07:16 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0130j03 View Post
touhou, one of the games Japan is crazy about
OH MY....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYKLMCPyC2w

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)
06-02-2010, 09:08 AM
#8
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranb28 View Post
are there any gamel like this for pc?
I played a flashgame but this wasnt like the stuff you just posted.
wanted to play such game with mouse but I cannot find a game (even a free one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
06-02-2010, 09:16 AM
#9
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: the 56th realm of existence
Posts: 5,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranb28 View Post
holy mother of...

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
06-02-2010, 09:49 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Mililani, O'ahu, Hawai'i
Posts: 153
assault squadron ROCKS on my iPad

even played doublepixel-stretched on my iPad, assault squadron is simply incredible. I only truly notice the stretch on the menus, it appears that little is lost at all during gameplay / cinematics. Wish there were more like it in the iTunes store....