★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Liftrocket
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.4 MB
  • Version: 1.08
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Dive into the colorful intensity of Lightband to build and master grids of light!

+ Fast and easy to pick up and play anytime, anywhere
+ Advance rapidly with ambitious grids and bolder moves
+ Colorful, modern design at a smooth 60 frames per second
+ Get pumped with its energetic soundtrack or play your own
+ Game Center leaderboard and achievements
+ As many levels as you can handle!

http://twitter.com/liftrocket
http://youtube.com/liftrocket

pluto6's comments:
I have no idea what this is about, but it looks interesting. I e-mailed the dev, so hopefully will get an answer, and maybe some video. If nothing, I may go ahead and get it, but from the screen shots, I have absolutely no clue what is going on, other than it looks sort of cool.

05-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Lightband

I agree -- can't tell what's going on from the screen shots, but looks cool. Will be interested to see if you get some more info!

05-29-2010, 11:14 PM
I think this has something to do with designing kilts.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
I think this has something to do with designing kilts.
lol... Should I move this to the non-game section?

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
05-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
lol... Should I move this to the non-game section?
Let's wait and see what it's really about. It may turn out to be a game where you control the needle and are scored based on the accuracy of the thread colour and clan tartan you're challenged to produce.

"Och, that's clan McLoughlin's tartan! Ye were supposed to do clan Shillelagh's! No points fer you!"

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 05-29-2010 at 11:49 PM.
05-30-2010, 11:02 AM
I contacted the developer, and I think I am going to check this out.

He replied :

"I see what you mean. The screenshots alone are a bit too abstract to show what the game is about, so I've updated both the App Store and the Liftrocket Facebook page with a screenshot of the Help screen to hopefully improve things. I'd like to eventually add a gameplay video as well.

The objective is to stop the moving bands to form grids and tap their intersections before they fade to score points. As the player advances through the levels, the bands speed up and the grids fade faster."

There are new shots in the screen shots that explain it better.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm all for Abstract, the more, the better.

Invaders Must Die.
05-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm the developer and I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for your interest in Lightband. Feedback is definitely welcome!

I really enjoy games like Edge, Eliss, Monospace, etc. and I hope to develop my own original games in a similar vein (though things can be a bit too mysterious sometimes!).

Btw, Lightband was a lot kiltier in earlier versions
05-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftrocket View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm the developer and I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for your interest in Lightband. Feedback is definitely welcome!

I really enjoy games like Edge, Eliss, Monospace, etc. and I hope to develop my own original games in a similar vein (though things can be a bit too mysterious sometimes!).

Btw, Lightband was a lot kiltier in earlier versions
I can definitely see the Edge influence here!

Any chance of some gameplay video?

Invaders Must Die.
05-30-2010, 01:19 PM
So, I purchased it.

Playing on the iPad at 2 x.

Object as noted to it touch the colored bands as they are moving across and down the screen. As you touch one, it stops. If you touch a band that intersets it, the intersection node lights up red. Touch that and score points.

Obviously trying to score points is the object, so you want to touch several vertical scrolling lines, and then quickly horizontal scrolling lines so you have number of intersection points that you can then rapidly touch for even more points.

Touch sensitivity for me is good. Dev is not lying about the 60 FPS. There is no lag at all that I can detect, so the scrolling is beautiful. The colors are noted like the screen shots - nice palette that he is working with.

Nice sound track included and availability to use your own soundtrack adds limitless replay value.

Issues and suggestions -

Absolutely needs some sort of global scoring.

I am not that quick, but for the more nimbled fingered, multi touch would really allow some huge scores.

I am not clear why the game ends. Perhaps an explanation in the help screen?

I am hoping this will not be a sleeper game - I think that if people try it, they will enjoy it. 4/5

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer