★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best Solitaire App?

05-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Best Solitaire App?

I don't play Solitaire myself, don't even know the rules or differences between various game types. However, I'm looking for a Solitaire app to gift to someone and was wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction. There appear to be many different apps on the store and with my lack of knowledge of the actual game it's pretty difficult to even narrow them down.

Thanks in advance.
05-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Eric Snider has the best solitaire in the app store.

Search for him in iTunes and you'll see all his apps =D

05-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Depends on what sort of solitaire you are meaning - I am guessing that you mean card solitaire types? There are also some very nice Mahjong apps that are a form of solitaire as well.

Card solitaire, if you just want a single game, most people get Klondike, although Spider, Golf, Pyramid, TriPeaks are all popular solitaire games that have their own apps.

So- Klondike - probably Eric Snider as mentioned by above - they are just great.

Myself, I like to get collections of solitaire games, as I like to play about 6 or 7 different games, and the ones that I have, and think are good are:

Astraware Solitaire - a universal app, with unlockables, achievements

Card Shark Collection - our own Strofollino who is very active here makes that one - tons of games, and he is always adding to it - also a universal app

Solitare Forever - also a universal app - as 150 different games, lots of different card faces and backs - very pretty as well

There are a whole bunch of lite versions out there as well, so you can always see what you think looks best. I don't think you can really go wrong.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Couple weeks ago (less it seems) there was this very same question. I found the thread for you via a simple search:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ight=solitaire

Perhaps that will help you.
05-30-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post

Search for him in iTunes and you'll see all his apps =D
+1.
I love solitaire and have bought several different games, and Eric's is the one I always play.
05-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post

I've never heard of him, I'll check that out!

I have Astraware's Solitaire app (12 versions) and I like it. It's on sale for $0.99 right now.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-30-2010, 06:02 AM
The best solitaire is Card Shark Collection Deluxe

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
05-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeli7 View Post
The best solitaire is Card Shark Collection Deluxe
+1 from me.

Card Shark Collection and Solebon Solitaire with 40 games are my favorit solitaire games.
http://appshopper.com/games/solebon-solitaire

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 05-30-2010 at 06:17 AM.
05-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Solitaire City has the smoothest animations out there, and probably also the most solitaire variants.
05-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask_me View Post
Solitaire City has the smoothest animations out there, and probably also the most solitaire variants.
Yes. Solitaire City is fantastic. It even has online leaderboards for every variant of every game.