★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone OS Apps?

05-29-2010, 11:46 PM
#1
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,142
iPhone OS Apps?

Whats with the new forum? iPhone OS Apps? Like for...all devices or what? When did this happen any how? Isn't this basically the main header of the forums...iPhone OS Apps?

The Life Blog
Minecraft
05-30-2010, 12:22 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
Whats with the new forum? iPhone OS Apps? Like for...all devices or what? When did this happen any how? Isn't this basically the main header of the forums...iPhone OS Apps?
It's always been there. It's for non-gaming things, as differentiated from jailbreak apps. I think it was renamed from iPhone and iPod Touch apps or somesuch for whatever reason. Perhaps it's in anticipation of the iPhone OS being used on more than just portables. (i.e. the forthcoming AppleTV refresh, though there's no evidence you'll be able to run App Store apps on it.)

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

05-30-2010, 12:24 AM
#3
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
It's always been there. It's for non-gaming things, as differentiated from jailbreak apps. I think it was renamed from iPhone and iPod Touch apps or somesuch for whatever reason. Perhaps it's in anticipation of the iPhone OS being used on more than just portables. (i.e. the forthcoming AppleTV refresh, though there's no evidence you'll be able to run App Store apps on it.)
ohhhhhh, k. hahaha Apple TV

The Life Blog
Minecraft
05-30-2010, 06:09 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 726
It used to cover iPhone/iPod touch non-gaming applications and now it includes iPad apps.
05-30-2010, 06:19 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deewin View Post
It used to cover iPhone/iPod touch non-gaming applications and now it includes iPad apps.
Yep. There was no place to discuss non-game iPad apps before. Glad to see they changed it!
05-30-2010, 07:13 PM
#6
I feel like we're being too politically correct.
05-30-2010, 09:12 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
I feel like we're being too politically correct.
Sorry, "Apple-Americans." Is that better?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-30-2010, 09:20 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Sorry, "Apple-Americans." Is that better?
I don't even comprehend what you're telling me.
05-30-2010, 09:29 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Perv, why do you care?
Posts: 1,807
They need to fix the forum jump or I will never come back to these forums again!
05-30-2010, 11:26 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
I don't even comprehend what you're telling me.
I'm tell you that apparently my jokes can be a little obscure on occasion.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko