★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Marblenauts roll into the App Store! A puzzle game like no other.

Guide your Marblenauts to their destination by using a variety of tools and objects. Break blocks, rotate gears, make crates and more to help them along the way. Can you help them to finally get home?

Marblenauts has been featured by Apple on "new and noteworthy", "what's hot" and "what we're playing"

Reviews:
"Its a puzzle game unlike any Ive ever played before, but feels totally familiar and classic." - iPadGames.org
"Marblenauts, which is a universal app, looks good on the iPhone, but the higher resolution graphics in the iPad version are absolutely stunning." - gamepro.com (4.5 / 5 stars)
"Whats so amazing about Marblenauts is that it successfully mixes, mashes, and twists the core concept around in every conceivable way." - iFanzine.com (5 / 5 stars)

Features:
- Supports iPhone, iPod and iPad in one universal build
- Over 80 levels to play in simple and complex game modes
- Use up to 5 different tools
- A comprehensive tutorial to get you started
- Collect more than 20 items
- Earn skip balloons to get past difficult levels and play them later
- Handmade pixel art, play on the iPad or a device with a retina display for high-definition goodness
- Replay complex mode levels for extra challenge and rewards
- Undo multiple moves, there is no penalty for making mistakes
- Save your progress with 2 savegames
- Average completion time is more than 10 hours

The game contains excellent sound effects and music tracks by Mike Weiser:
http://www.mikeweisermusic.com

goiMot's comments:

05-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Interesting. Cool 16-bit-style graphics and potentially engaging puzzle play. This could be worth checking out.

Never thought I'd see marbles with cornrows though...

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

05-30-2010, 12:47 AM
i like to see video
05-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Hi!

I'm the developer of the game, and it's cool to see this post so early after its release (I was planning to do it myself)

Here are some promotional codes for some of the fast people in here:
WREFK9RJFYMJ
7YPHWHRNM4MY
WYY946LMXHFJ
RMEYHNLLTMKE

A video is still in the works, I hope it will be finished soon.
05-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Sweet! Grabbed RMEYHNLLTMKE - thanks! Impressions shortly.

05-30-2010, 12:59 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
all gone
05-30-2010, 01:02 AM
I used WYY946LMXHFJ. Thanks. I love puzzlers. Looking forward to check it out.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Okay, I plowed through the first 10 levels and I'm enjoying it very much so far.

To start with, what you see is what you get in terms of graphics and the sort of animation you'd expect to be associated with it: This wouldn't have been out of place on the SNES/Genesis or Atari ST back in the day.

But what sells it, whether you're into retro graphics or not, is the gameplay -- specifically, how well the puzzles are conceived, and I'm pleased to note that they are quite imaginative here. The object is to get one or more coloured balls into their like-coloured transporters to rescue them. To do that, you have to destroy blocks methodically in order to encourage your marbles to roll the way you want them to and lead them to the correct path to their particular transporters.

But obviously, while that's how it all starts, there's ultimately more to it than picking which blocks to destroy. As you progress you'll come across conveyor belts, side-mounted transporters that you need to stack your marbles to reach, squared-off platforms where marbles can only roll one way, situations where you have to destroy only a few to get the marble to stop, then destroy more, situations where the order in which you drop your marbles matters, and more.

The puzzles are well thought out, and the difficulty progression is relatively smooth. A tutorial, complete with speech bubbles containing full instructions on how to deal with new elements and strategies are provided as you go, effectively holding your hand as much as it thinks is necessary to demonstrate interactively how each situation should be approached.

For any lover of logic games it's hard to refuse this one for a meagre dollar. There are lots of levels to keep you busy for a while and the puzzles get devious enough to keep you wracking your brain trying to figure out how to pass each one.

Go grab it!

05-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Seems interesting, but these kind of trial and error games do not seem to hold my attention well.

Too bad I missed the promo codes...
05-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztfox View Post
Seems interesting, but these kind of trial and error games do not seem to hold my attention well.
It is not a trial and error game - it is a logic game, where you have to think before every move

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!