★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Payback crashing on start..

02-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Payback crashing on start..

Well, I recently got Payback on my iPhone 3G and whenever I start the game it shows the city background(the one shown for the apps icon) and it crashes right there and back to the home screen. I have 5GB of memory left, I re-downloaded this plenty of times. I played when I had max ram available, and I tried when my iPhone firmware was 2.2 and 2.2.1.

For some reason the game doesn't crash on my brothers first gen iPhone even if he doesn't have much ram available, and memory left. He has version 2.2. Same as I had but the game will not run for me.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem on their 3G?

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz
02-22-2009, 08:24 AM
I would contact Apple support. I have an iPhone 3G, 2.2.1 firmware, and I've encountered no crashing. I didn't even sync it, I d/l over wifi.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
02-22-2009, 09:28 AM
well if you have Safari running in the background close it. also some people say that Jailbreaked apps cause frequent crashing of iDevices

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
02-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_megadeth View Post
well if you have Safari running in the background close it. also some people say that Jailbreaked apps cause frequent crashing of iDevices
Eh, my brother has it jailbroken too. His runs fine. Well, I think I know the problem. Thanks .

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz