★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "For the best part, this segment of Danger Express is a blast. All in all, Danger Express has the hallmarks of one of those sleeper indie hits; a game that gets bigger and better and earns more players with each update." - iFanzine.com

In the not to distance future, aboard the top secret space station ICARUS, an outbreak occurs that leads to an infestation by alien like creatures. Now it's up to you, an operative of Danger Express, the highly skilled mercenary group, to retrieve a very special canister from the ICARUS. Battle your way through aliens, in this action packed game, and uncover the truth behind the infestation.

Play various game modes, "Story Mode", "Time Survival Mode", "Extreme Survival Mode", "The Pits", and now with an all new multiplayer deathmatch mode.

Use Agon Online to compare your scores with players from around the world with our Leaderboards, and post your scores on Facebook or Twitter. Who knows, you might be the best alien hunter in the iPhone universe.

Prepare yourself for an action packed top down shooter.

Won-O-Soft's comments:
I've recently finished making my game, "Danger Express - Surviving the Alien Infestation". It's a top down action, adventure, shooter, which takes place aboard the top secret space station, ICARUS.

Here are 3 promotional codes for the first 3 people to use it:

Please take a look:

Or visit my website: http://www.won-o-soft.com/Danger%20Express.html

Youtube link | Pop Up

05-30-2010, 01:15 PM
I am TOFTTing -- will report early impressions soon.

05-30-2010, 01:20 PM
used: 3WK74MMKYHFY
thank you
05-30-2010, 01:23 PM
all gone darn it
05-30-2010, 01:39 PM
This looks interesting, waiting for squarezero's wise words

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
05-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
This looks interesting, waiting for squarezero's wise words
Thanks rich -- it's good to know I'm appreciated .

As far as Danger Express is concerned, it's alright. The game doesn't really break new ground in the dual-stick shooter genre, the graphics are pretty bland (every room/arena looks pretty much the same), and overall it feels like a fairly amateur effort. However, it does do a few things right: the controls work well, the character animation is actually not bad (though the enemy deaths are pretty weak), it has a decent variety of weapons that become available early in the game; there are obstacles in the arenas that complicate the standard run/gun gameplay; and there's even something of a set up in "story" mode. My favorite part are the cut scenes that introduce the boss encounters -- you can tell the developers were having fun with those. Actually, the third or fourth boss fight (I forget which) was actually pretty challenging and interesting; up to that point the game was fairly easy, at least to someone with a lot of experience with dual-stick shooters.

A few improvements that came to mind immediately: the tile set for the levels could be expanded to create more visual variety; the different guns should be modeled and shown on the player character; the environments could be made more maze-like, at least for some of the levels (to ease up the arena-after-arena feeling); perhaps more story could be introduced into the game, maybe as the different enemies make their first appearance; the camera angle and distance should be changed to allow for a wider point of view (right now you're often shooting at nothing, particularly in the boss fights). I did notice a few enemies who seemed to just be freeze in place, but otherwise the game didn't strike me as buggy or particularly sloppy.

A game like this seems to me most useful as a point of comparison for other titles. It make me get even more disgusted with "major titles" like Kick-Ass: Danger Express was made by basically two guys and it's a billion times better. It makes me scratch my head at the negative reaction to games as polished as Guerilla Bob (you want to see really boring, repetitive environments? Play this for more than a few minutes).

It's hard to recommend this when Pirate's Treasure is out for $1.99. But it's probably $.99 well spent for someone who really loves dual-stick shooters.
05-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the review/impressions.

I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
05-30-2010, 08:26 PM

Thanks for the review Subzero. I've taken down a whole bunch of notes, and I'll try to incorporate as many changes as I can in my next release.
05-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Ok, this is only my initial take on Danger Express:

Firstly, I'm a fan of indie developed games and the devs themselves. Obviously Danger Express fits that description.

So, I must point out that the graphics aren't as fabulous as say a Gameloft or Activision game. They do work, and are far from bad. Actually, as I've played deeper into the game, sometimes they suprise me as with some of the mini-boss cutscenes etc.

What I really like is that Won-O-Soft, have (has) created a neat story and culture for the game. There is care for detail in the story telling and the actual grammar is fluent.

I've not finished the game, but played a couple times in each game mode and there is plenty to do. If you like exploring and not knowing what's around each corner, there's alot of each to be had here. There are rooms, pick-ups etc. That I missed on my first attempt at story mode and that, to me, is a great sign of replayability.

There are three types of survival mode: timed, score based and one called "The Pits". They are all nice, however I'd like to see the devs offer a way to bypass the story text that plays at the beginning. By the time I made my way to trying these out I'd already seen it in story mode. The Pits doesn't play the story scenes and leads straight into an "endless" mode, excellently hard!

The controls work fine. My right thumbpad does seem to "stick" occasionally in about the 2 o'clock position, but it only has happened a couple times.

There is Agon Online integrated and it seems to have leaderboards for the three survival modes.

I'm pleased with the download and yes there's room for improvement, but I'm enjoying Danger Express now.

Last edited by rich_952000; 05-31-2010 at 12:04 PM.
06-01-2010, 06:20 AM
Thank You

Thanks for the review Rich_952000. In my next release I'll try to allow players to bypass the cutscenes, in the different "Survivor Modes". I'm definitely looking forward to some more feed back from both you and SquareZero, and I'll save some promo codes for you guys.

Anyone else who has played the game, and may have useful feedback, or something they'd like to see in the next release, please feel free to send me an e-mail at donald@won-o-soft.com, or post a comment on this thread. As an Indie developer I'm always looking for ways to improve my games, so I look forward to hearing from you guys.