★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Help: iTunes

05-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Help: iTunes

Hi Guys!

I'm having a big problem with iTunes and was wondering if you guys could help me.

Here's my problem:

Whenever I plug in my iPod to my computer, my computer doesn't recognize it and neither does iTunes. I have to restart my computer for it to recognize.

Also, I was thinking I would uninstall iTunes and then reinstall to try and fix the problem. But then, wouldn't all of my applications be gone? I cannot backup my applications because I have 11 gb worth of it and that would take tons of 700mb disks. So I was wondering if I could just move my "Mobile Applications" folder to another folder instead of the iTunes one. If I did that, would I be able to add those applications back to iTunes after the reinstall and iTunes still recognize them?

Thanks in advance!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
05-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
Hi Guys!

I'm having a big problem with iTunes and was wondering if you guys could help me.

Here's my problem:

Whenever I plug in my iPod to my computer, my computer doesn't recognize it and neither does iTunes. I have to restart my computer for it to recognize.

Also, I was thinking I would uninstall iTunes and then reinstall to try and fix the problem. But then, wouldn't all of my applications be gone? I cannot backup my applications because I have 11 gb worth of it and that would take tons of 700mb disks. So I was wondering if I could just move my "Mobile Applications" folder to another folder instead of the iTunes one. If I did that, would I be able to add those applications back to iTunes after the reinstall and iTunes still recognize them?

Thanks in advance!

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1449

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1364

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
05-30-2010, 01:38 PM
I'll try this. After I reinstall, will I be able to add this folder to my library?

Thanks a bunch!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
05-30-2010, 02:35 PM
you could rename your iTunes folder to something else so iTunes doesn't recognize it, then uninstall and reinstall and rename it back again
05-30-2010, 02:40 PM
You're welcome, Buddy! Anytime for you.
05-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Same thing happens to me. But for me, if you keep connecting the iPod into the port over and over, eventually it'll read it.
05-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkynubman View Post
Same thing happens to me. But for me, if you keep connecting the iPod into the port over and over, eventually it'll read it.
Yeah that happens sometimes too. But I can never sync. My iTunes goes bisserk and starts not responding