★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Quest or Rogue Touch?

02-22-2009, 10:51 AM
The Quest or Rogue Touch?

The Quest is deeper but Rogue Touch is cheaper (but its only introductionary price and its so simple without any NPCs and side quests).
02-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I've been asking myself the same question.

I'm afraid that Rogue Touch is too simple but that the Quest may be too complex for a mobile game.

02-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Personally, I don't have enough time to play a full blown RPG on the iPhone. Rogue Touch is simple to pick up and play but yet addictive if you like dungeon crawling games. If you have played and liked playing a Roguelike game before such as Nethack, Angband or ADOM, I think Rogue Touch is the way to go.

The developer is very active on the forums and looks to be bringing more content to enhance the original Rogue experience.

There are no NPC's and only 1 quest but it's addictive!!

Last edited by preuve; 02-22-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo
02-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by preuve View Post
Personally, I don't have enough time to play a full blown RPG on the iPhone. Rogue Touch is simple to pick up and play but yet addictive if you like dungeon crawling games. If you have played and liked playing a Roguelike game before such as Nethack, Angband or ADOM, I think Rogue Touch is the way to go.

The developer is very active on the forums and looks to be bringing more content to enhance the original Rogue experience.

There are no NPC's and only 1 quest but it's addictive!!
Yeah and I really like how things are shaping up with Rogue Touch (sure I'm biased as a HUGE roguelike fanatic). If I understand CommanderData's intent correctly his first and immediate focus will be to fully optimize the interface based largely on players' feedback BUT THEN (and likely not as quickly) add a little new content after a while. Not too clear if this will come by way of new beasties, items, or whatever, but it should prove interesting (and, again, he seems really open to constructive feedback).
02-22-2009, 11:20 AM
You guys just convinced me, I'm downloading Rogue Touch now, The Quest will have to wait a little while.
02-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the support and vote of confidence in Rogue Touch! Funny you mention updates... I'm about to start a thread with version 1.1 info for you all

We're actually going to be giving you some control enhancements and bonus items in the first update. Watch for the new thread for more info shortly!
02-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I couldn't decide either so I bought both of them. 95% of my playtime since then has been with Rogue Touch.
I know I'll get to the Quest eventually (maybe tonight), it's a great game also . It's just that Rogue offers that old school feel thats been working for the game for the 20+ years its been around.
02-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I would actually get both ---- I bought them both and they are great games. Rogue Touch looks like the dev is very active here and will keep improving his game which is already pretty solid. If you want more involvement and want to spend more than 2-10 minutes on a game get The Quest. For under 10$ splurge and buy both ---the summer is coming soon. Get ready to relax now.

I live in Canada so I have to have hope that we will get summer this year

Mabey buy Rogue Touch is you are strapped for cash and then get The Quest on payday!

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
02-22-2009, 12:05 PM
rouge has been out for like a year and it's free u shud have tried dat b4 buying rouge touch

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
02-22-2009, 01:06 PM
I played nethack while administrating unix many years ago and tried the free iphone version. Its good but i like the Rogue Touch developer activity so i think im in But looking forward to The Quest sale