★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bloober Team
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Game featured by Apple in both "New and Noteworthy" and "What's hot"!!!

Future Fight is tactic battle game in which all sides are performing their turns at the same time for true battle mayhem!

Game contains:

-- operations mode where you can manage your armies

-- quick fight mode

-- hot seat multiplayer mode

-- 6 unique units perks

-- 3 classes of units

-- flexible upgrade system

Devilishly Good's comments:

05-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Dude 5$?

05-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissrocknroll View Post
Dude 5$?
yeah i don't thinks its worth 5 bucks, 2.99 maybe.
05-31-2010, 04:22 AM
Not great at explaining games but downloaded it and got about 90 minutes invested into it if anybody has questions I can try my best to answer them. I'd say in my opinion it's a pretty cool game, although it's little rough around the edges and could use a better tutorial. I agree with the poster above, all things considered, $2.99 would have been a more appropriate price, $1.99 would be my opinion after playing as is. Right now I'd go so far as to say wait until it most likely will be slashed in a week or 2.
05-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Yea... most the time I am against price drops as is but I am going to wait for a drop on this one $1.99 or $2.99 would be fair because after all, for $4.99 you could buy Land Air Sea Warfare or Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
05-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natron View Post
Not great at explaining games but downloaded it and got about 90 minutes invested into it if anybody has questions I can try my best to answer them. I'd say in my opinion it's a pretty cool game, although it's little rough around the edges and could use a better tutorial. I agree with the poster above, all things considered, $2.99 would have been a more appropriate price, $1.99 would be my opinion after playing as is. Right now I'd go so far as to say wait until it most likely will be slashed in a week or 2.
I'm actually enjoying it, too, but I personally prefer tactical games over strategic ones. I agree that by App Store standards it's a bit overpriced, but I'm sure that the calculation was based on all the original (and quite nice) artwork in the game. It also has a fair amount of depth, and once you get the interface (I agree it needs a better tutorial) it's easy to play. I'm looking forward to spending more time with it. (BTW, it looks quite nice on an iPad.)
05-31-2010, 01:07 PM
I might buy it at its current price to support the dev. I want to hear a little more about it though.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
05-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
I might buy it at its current price to support the dev. I want to hear a little more about it though.
Imagine something like Final Fantasy Tactics (or Rebirth of Fortune on the iPhone)with warships instead of troops. Gameplay is divided into 10 "operations" with specific gold objectives; within each operations there are a number of battle turns, each one with a specific reward of gold, experience, and/or special abilities; you can choose either to engage or pass on the battle, though if you pass you may end up being attacked anyway. The battles themselves are turn-based and involve up to 4 ships on each side: at the beginning of each turn you give each ship instructions (attack, move, repair, use a special weapon), then hit "Execute" and all hell breaks lose. If an enemy ship moves your attack against it will miss, unless you're using an area effect attack or a "fast attack" for less damage; you can also "bribe" a ship to join your side (on the next battle). The battlefield itself can change every turn, and certain tiles can become airstrike targets, or automatically repair your ship. In between battles, you collect gold from mines conquered, you can repair your ship (for gold) or pick up new abilities. It sounds complicated, but once you're into it it's actually fairly straightforward.

I would say my main complaints right now (besides the weak tutorial) are the size and variety of the maps (there seem to be four kinds of maps, with changing terrain and battlefield conditions so they do provide different experiences, but they're all pretty small); the way the ships blend a bit with the environment; and a few reporting glitches (the final score for a battle will tell you you lost 0 ships when you clearly lost one or more). I wish the game had an actual story to it and not just operation objectives.

As I mentioned, I prefer tactical games over strategic ones, so I'm actually having a good time with this. I can imagine that 10 operations will probably last quite a while, though I have to wonder how much true variety there will be from operation to operation. There's also multiplayer but I haven't had a chance to try it yet, as well as a randomized quick "skirmish" mode. I like the artwork a lot (it reminds me of the cover of Frederik Pohl's Gateway). Again, it might very well be "overpriced" using Gabrien's definition (see the Crash Bandicoot 2 thread), but I personally don't regret spending the money.
05-31-2010, 04:07 PM
its not even aviable in canadian store
05-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah I like TBT games as well so when the price drops I'm snagging this. ( Hell I been wanting more TBT games like Silent Storm or Warhammer 40K: Squad Command... There aren't any like those on the app store that I know of.. :'( )