★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rogue Touch --- Version 1.1 Details

02-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Rogue Touch --- Version 1.1 Details

The people here at TouchArcade and in these forums have been very kind to us, so I want to bring the news of our first planned update here where everyone can see it... We haven't been out by the pool smoking cigars with supermodels, we're busy trying to make Rogue Touch even better!

Some of you are desperately waiting for the ability to listen to your iPods while playing (Slayer, Rob Zombie, and Britney Spears all called me the other night, and told me to hurry it up!), others would like to be able to play the game with less tapping involved, and some of you would just like to see some more equipment... With that in mind I'll give you our list of update items that are making the cut for version 1.1

Version 1.1 planned features:
* Play your own music-in game (through the same methods you can in many other games)
* Door locations shown on mini-map overlay (already functional in the simulator, it really does help a lot )
* Fast-Play option- multi tap in the direction you'd like to keep running in. Your character will go on in that direction until he reaches an obstacle or passes something interesting.
* Remember your last used character name, no need to type unless you want to try another name.
* Option to turn off vibrations if you dislike them
* 2 new potions: One is Hallucination, which was found in a few Rogue variants. Drinking it is probably not wise. The other is a secret one of our own design... You'll either love it or hate it. Maybe both
* 2 new weapons: Katana and shurikens!
* 2 new armors: Ninja Suit (shozoku) that provides stealth, but offers little protection, and Elfin chain mail, which is stronger than basic chain mail and cannot rust!
* A few tweaks under the hood to various probabilities and magic numbers to balance things as needed...

Beyond those we'd gotten a lot of great ideas for future upgrades from everyone out there... Thanks for your support! If you don't see what you're hoping for here it's probably going to happen, but more likely in the next release or two beyond. If you have more ideas, please add your thoughts here or go to our forums (http://forums.chronosoft.com) and make yourself heard in the Feature Requests sticky so we don't lose track of them!

Release plans for version 1.1: as soon as we're able! If all goes well we'd like to have this into Apples hands in a few days from now. Their approval process can take another three to seven days on top of that. If we're lucky and *everything* falls into place you could be playing the update sometime next weekend

Tell us what you think, and keep on playing
02-22-2009, 12:12 PM
sounds like a great 1.1 update.

I can't wait to play it while sitting by the pool surrounded by supermodels.

02-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Great Stuff!!!

Sounds fantastic!

I'm looking forward to enhancements on an already fantastic game!

Play the opening like a book, the middlegame like a magician, and the endgame like a machine!
02-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Good stuff, Mr!
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Very nice. I'm definitely going to be looking forward to this update. (Well, all updates, really, but this one will make gameplay a little cooler.)

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
02-22-2009, 12:29 PM
I might give this a shot once 1.1 is released.
02-22-2009, 01:05 PM
That's great news! I've really enjoyed it as is though~ Decided to finally register to say that! The prospect of new enhanced equipment is awesome. Maybe some new monsters next time???
02-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotOfTheHighlands View Post
That's great news! I've really enjoyed it as is though~ Decided to finally register to say that! The prospect of new enhanced equipment is awesome. Maybe some new monsters next time???
But but...all 26 letters have already been used! Perhaps he needs to start using symbols and numbers.
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the great work CD. I can't wait to pick up the update!
02-22-2009, 01:16 PM
I just picked this game up and I love it!
Keep up the good work!