★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Javascript in iPhone Browser

02-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Javascript in iPhone Browser

Does the iphone safari support javascript in the browser? Any limitations or a link I can read about it?
02-22-2009, 12:48 PM
You should be able to use any javascript but I think Java is out. The Apple web app developer pages should have more details.

02-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattbiker View Post
Does the iphone safari support javascript in the browser? Any limitations or a link I can read about it?
I don't think so. I remember an interview with Steve Jobs discussing the possibility of integrating flash and java. Flash is a maybe, java is old-school, so that's a no go.
02-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I don't think so. I remember an interview with Steve Jobs discussing the possibility of integrating flash and java. Flash is a maybe, java is old-school, so that's a no go.
If I remember correctly, Apple rejected Flash support back in October/November. They said it would be impossible to do QC on flash games because of the sheer amount of games that would flood the AppStore.
02-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Java and javascript are completely different.
http://developer.apple.com/webapps/
This page has all you need to know. If you look at sample code most of them will come with an html, css, and javascript file. It would break most websites to not allow javascript.
02-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattbiker View Post
yes. just to reiterate. Javascript is fully supported.

arn
02-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchemwords View Post
If I remember correctly, Apple rejected Flash support back in October/November. They said it would be impossible to do QC on flash games because of the sheer amount of games that would flood the AppStore.
I thought that games had to be created in the SDK. It'd be possible to put the games into the idevices in their native format?