★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sell your game engine?

05-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Sell your game engine?

I have released a few apps in the app store but wanted to take a new approach. I feel like it takes time to perfect an app especially games. From a business stand view, it has not paid off all that well. I figured rather than spending the time and money starting from scratch, why not just spend the money and buy something that has been done and polish it. With that said, I am looking to see if anyone has a game/app that would be willing to sell it's core functions. I am not looking for a complete app, I just want to take what you have done and make changes to it.
For example, you have a tower defense game. I would buy the core functions of the game but will completely change the graphics, add or take away certain features, make different levels. I feel like the hardest part is creating those initial stages. If you are interested, please message me with info on your game/app and a link to it if it's in the app store.

T-bone
RevApps
www.twitter.com/revapps
Marco Popo - Join the Network....
06-01-2010, 01:07 AM
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but the lead programmer for the Cocos2D projects sells the source to a game he wrote: http://www.sapusmedia.com/sources/

I haven't purchased the source myself, but if you do buy it, the money you pay goes toward the development of Cocos2D, which is a great 2D engine for iPhone.
06-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Unity 3d

I guess Unity3d is out of the question? If I were in your position I would approach developers that have built a game you're interested in and give them an offer. As long as it's a good price, why would they refuse?

The key word though is "good". Think about how much you're willing to spend and go for it.
06-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Offer?

Let me rephrase my post. Is there anyone that has a game that they would be willing to sell me?
Is so, message me the name of the game and we can go from there.

T-bone
RevApps
www.twitter.com/revapps
Marco Popo - Join the Network....
06-05-2010, 01:03 PM
You can get the Quest Engine for cheap but, it's kind of butchered.