★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ZEN Pinball: Inferno - Available.

10-15-2008, 03:49 AM
ZEN Pinball: Inferno - Available.

The makers of ZEN Pinball: Roller Coaster, have released their next game: Inferno. The theme is of a rock band at rock gig, and has the same polish as their previous title. I like these a lot.

iPhone 6s Plus: (64GB 'Bro' Gold)
iPad Air: (64GB Wi-Fi Space Grey)
MFi controller: SteelSeries Stratus.
Retina MacBook Pro(2012): (2.7GHz i7 - 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD)
10-15-2008, 03:53 AM
Does "has the same polish as their previous title" mean, that it does not make fun because the graphics (ball movement) is not smooth?

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

10-15-2008, 01:49 PM
So, instead of updaing the last pinball game they simply release a new one? I guess each of their apps will only contain one table. That isn't bad for the price, I was just expecting them to add tables with updates instead of just putting out a new app instead.

The first game still needs some work and they should work on getting it right before moving on.
10-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Does "has the same polish as their previous title" mean, that it does not make fun because the graphics (ball movement) is not smooth?
LOL, fix the first one then we'll talk
10-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
The reviews about the jerky ball movement is why I didn't buy the first one. Can anyone confirm/deny if the new one is any better?
10-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I bought it when it came out. It plays fine. i imagine if you turn on the music it could make a difference, but the music is just ambient pinball music and worth turning on.

I really like it though and haven't had any problems with frame rates at all. It's perfectly smooth. Some areas of the game are a bit dark, which can make it hard to see, but that's part of the fun of pinball machines like that.

I haven't tried the first Zen Pinball, but I've had nothing but god experiences with this one.
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Looks kinda dark on the board. I enjoyed Roller Coaster, so i may pick this up as well. Never really noticed the frame rate problems everyone kept talking about. Maybe people need to do a system reset more often.
10-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformatPlanet View Post
Looks kinda dark on the board. I enjoyed Roller Coaster, so i may pick this up as well. Never really noticed the frame rate problems everyone kept talking about. Maybe people need to do a system reset more often.
Are you playing with the camera unlocked? The ball moves so fast sometimes it is hard to follow, and the flipper reaction time seems to be a bit slow. I restart all the time. The game isn't super choppy, but it doesn't seem fast enough to keep up with the pace of the game.