★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: how do i download an application for beta testing?

02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
how do i download an application for beta testing?

i have it in my itunes library but when i try to sync it it says that it was not installed because it could not be verified, how do it fix this?
02-22-2009, 05:37 PM
What u trying to download?

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games

02-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooobynick View Post
i have it in my itunes library but when i try to sync it it says that it was not installed because it could not be verified, how do it fix this?
You must drag the MobileInstallation file into iTunes, and let it sync. If you have the App Store version of the app, you must delete that from iTunes and your iPod first. And if it still doesnt work, change the .mobileinstallation file name, to .txt, and see if the UDID in the file is correct for you. If not, have the dev reration one.
02-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Well if you are opening it from a .zip file unzip the fila and but the mobile provisional w/e and the entire app folder into itunes
Drag it

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
i got it thanks for the help
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooobynick View Post
i got it thanks for the help
I really hope you aren't testing the new TD game....because that would tick me off!

How can you get into a beta if you don't even know how to install a beta onto your iDevice?
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Excuse me sir, but thats a very common problem. trust me. i solve tons of those problems for the pocket god beta every day. ^^