★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D in the Top 50

02-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D in the Top 50

I just noticed that Tower Bloxx made it to the Top 50 (as #50) today at its price of 5.99. I already bought it, but for those of you looking for a quick price drop....

I am glad it is doing well, it is a very fun game to play when you don't want to think too hard. However, you can also really get into it and try to improve on your score or the population of one of your districts. I hope it gets updates in the future to include more districts.
02-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I want them to include Online High Scores for most population in discricts and how high you got in Quick Play

02-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Is this thread really necessary?

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow what price did you buy it at? It should be a $1.99 app.. it's not THAT complicated a game, but I really did like the Lite version... I'll keep waiting

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
02-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah same here. $5.99 is too much for such a simple game. Most I'll go is $2.99.
02-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanny View Post
Yeah same here. $5.99 is too much for such a simple game. Most I'll go is $2.99.
not only is it too high, i think 3.99 is my max, though i bought it already.

main thing is the whole game is buggy, the music and sound vol cannot be saved once u changed it and will reset to default when u restart.

the framerate can get choppy despite that its not groundbreaking 3d, and the tip screen is always the same until you start a new game or exit to the main screen.

dig choc? i hope you are reading this coz i was one of yr biggest fans on java mobile platform ... so far on the iphone, u guys are disappointing to say the least
02-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Is this thread really necessary?
If you don't like it, please don't open it. Thx!

As for price point, I totally agree. I had to decide to either have it or not, and one starbucks drink wasn't going to make the difference for me this time. I have spent much less on better games, but I can't open any of them and play them with literally just my thumb.

Digital Chocolate: Please work on an update and add online scores. I hope someone that can do something reads this!

By the way, this thread isn't necessary, but I thought it was interesting that this game made it into the top 50 so quickly because my understanding is that the top 50 list is only based on sales. Am I wrong?