★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "If you're a big puzzle fan and want to try some quality titles on your iPad, check this app out." - AppVee.com

" mentalBlock for iPad is the perfect app for killing some time and building some brain cells." - Appolicious.com

"There are plenty of puzzle games available for the iPad, but few with the style, sophistication and customization options of mentalBlock. Meditation has never been so frustrating, and that's a good thing." - 148apps.com

"One of the truly unique physics games on the iPad" - app store user

A TOP 50 IPAD GAME
AS SEEN IN NEW AND NOTEWORTHY AND WHAT'S HOT

mentalBlock is a physics puzzle game done in a totally unique style.

Some blocks need to stay, some need to go. Some need to be worked around, and some can be used to your advantage. Once you figure out the rules, and adapt to the physics involved, you'll need to remove the mentalBlocks in each level in order to proceed. But it isn't always that easy, as you might find green "idea" blocks that you don't want to disturb.

Things may look easy, but remember: there are physics involved. That means, it doesn't just matter WHAT you do, but WHEN you do it.

mentalBlock is not only a great physics puzzler on its own, but we've taken it to the next level, by including the same level builder used to create the levels that ship with the game!

Challenge yourself against the 55 levels that ship with mentalBlock (with more coming in updates), then create your own levels to share with friends, or even submit to us for possible inclusion in a special "user created levels" section.

FEATURES:
- 7 Distinct block types
- Real physics modeling and gravity
- 55 levels, from fun and clever to downright difficult
- Original sound effects and music
- Sound/Music toggle
- COMPLETE LEVEL EDITOR
- Create, edit, save and share your levels
- Totally unique "staticy television" graphical style and sound scheme

Want to see it in action? View the game trailer at http://glowdot.com/mentalblock

Mastery of mentalBlock is only the beginning.

glowdot's comments:

My new iPad game, mentalBlock, has just been released to the app store.

148Apps has given it a really nice review, which you can read here.

Quote:
There are plenty of puzzle games already available for the iPad, but there are few with the style, sophistication and customization options of mentalBlock. Meditation has never been so frustrating, and that’s a good thing.
mentalBlock is a physics puzzler with 6 types of blocks and 4 way gravity.
The object of each level is to rid the screen of red blocks without
disturbing the green blocks.

Included in the full version is the same level editor I used to create all
the levels for the game. The LITE version contains the first 15 levels,
most of which are tutorial levels.

Here is a video of the game:

Youtube link | Pop Up

You can see the level editor in action at 1:40 in that video.
on iTunes:

Lite: iTunes Link
Full: iTunes Link

I'm very proud of this game and have lots of updates planned. I have just
sent the first update to Apple which adds a new block type (a fixed
"spinner" block) and 10 new levels demonstrating the new block.

Hope you enjoy it!
06-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Congrats on the release! /Wishlisted!

06-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Seems pretty keel, particularly due to the inclusion of an editor. Good luck!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys, I'm really excited about this one.

I went over to the old thread to close it out but noticed it was autoclosed. So to follow up on a request from that thread:

I HAVE finished an iPhone/iPod port of this, and I am testing it now. I am not 100% sure I'm going to release it, as I specifically designed this game for the iPad's larger screen, but if I get a good positive response from testers, I'll release it. It will definitely NOT include the level editor though, it'll just be a sort of portable level player, and I would of course update it with new levels, blocks, etc.

I'm spoiled by the iPad screen, so everything on the iPhone looks super tiny to me, so I can't trust my eyes anymore.
06-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks to everyone who tried the lite version. It's in the top 100 already.

I am putting together a video showing the new block type that is coming in the 1.1 update which should be out early next week, and I have finished the 1.2 update which adds yet another block type.
06-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowdot View Post
Thanks to everyone who tried the lite version. It's in the top 100 already.
Congrats!
06-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Congrats!
Thanks! I just noticed it made New and Noteworthy and What's Hot today as well. I'm really glad because I have a lot of ideas for updates and as long as people are enjoying the game, I know I'll get to them.

Last edited by glowdot; 06-03-2010 at 06:21 PM.
06-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowdot View Post
Thanks! I just noticed it made New and Noteworthy today as well. I'm really glad because I have a lot of ideas for updates and as long as people are enjoying the game, I know I'll get to them.
New and Noteworthy, thats awesome!
06-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Ok, here is a quick preview video of the new block type added in the next update. This was submitted two days ago so hopefully it will be out in about 5 days.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Working on update 1.2 now, with yet another block type. The level editor always gets updated with the new blocks, as well.
06-04-2010, 12:33 PM
FRIDAY SALE

To celebrate the new & noteworthy and what's hot listings, I dropped the price to .99 today only