★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Moxie 2 is the FUN word transformation game...EASY to learn, but CHALLENGING to master.

"Moxie 2 brings fun back to word games in a refreshing way that will keep you coming back." - AppVersity.com

"An extremely satisfying word game." - Casual Gameplay

Over 500,000 Moxie games have been downloaded and over 20,000,000 games have been played.

--------------------
HOW TO PLAY MOXIE 2
--------------------
You start with a hand of 64 letters that you go through "Solitaire" style. Place each letter on the board or "Pass". If you "Pass" you can't go back to that letter.

You score points by:

1. Making unique words with the letters

2. Transforming your words into other words by adding and replacing letters. For example: "TIN" becomes "TINE" which becomes "TILE" which becomes "TILED" and so on.

3. Spelling special "Moxie words" for bonus points

Once you spell a word and start transforming it into other words, don't break the word chain! That's a "Twaddle" and you'll lose points.

There's no time limit and while it helps to know a lot of words, Moxie will more greatly reward those who like to think strategically.
--------------------

FEATURES
- 5 game variations
- HD graphics support for Retina displays
- Pick up right where you left off
- Global leader board
- Short tutorial video (no internet required)
- Ergonomic design
- Relaxing and refreshing gameplay
- Wholesome

WHAT'S NEW IN MOXIE 2?
- Daily Challenge mode with a new puzzle each day
- Make 6 letter words
- Undo your mistakes
- 64 turns per game
- 6 letter Moxie Words score 500 points
- Moxieless mode
- Screen showing how many of each letter remain
- Color chooser

ataloss's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Seriously love Moxie, need iTunes credit nowwww to get this!

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

06-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I never thought about this game until the developer gave away M1 for free for a short time, and then I just thought "wow" So, bought M2 in a heartbeat and just relishing in that improved whiter-than-white, brighter-than-bright Moxie feeling. An awesome game just got that much better
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
How about an ipad version with a split screen timed 2P competition ? or maybe just an ipad version ?

Is the music in the video demo in the game ?

Last edited by cranker; 06-01-2010 at 11:12 PM.
06-02-2010, 12:03 AM
*shrug* I don't see anything worthy of a "sequel" here. Looks more of an update. The first game never really grabbed me in any case.
06-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
*shrug* I don't see anything worthy of a "sequel" here. Looks more of an update. The first game never really grabbed me in any case.
I guess it won't be everyones cup o' tea, but I'm a fan of the brand

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
06-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
How about an ipad version with a split screen timed 2P competition ? or maybe just an ipad version ?

Is the music in the video demo in the game ?
Hi cranker,

There will be an iPad version in the future, but I'm going to take my time and do it right.

The music is not in the game. I've experimented with music in Moxie and it just doesn't seem to fit. I ended up taking it out before releasing the game.

And a 2P version of the game has been in the back of mind for more than a year, so who knows...

Share and enjoy,

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.

Last edited by blue ox; 06-02-2010 at 01:37 AM.
06-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Well if it was too different, then it just wouldn't be Moxie anymore!

Share and enjoy,

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
06-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Honestly, I just enjoyed the first game so much , I just figured I'd give the dev $2 more.After all, developing games costs money. Alot like the first with a bit more polish.

Keep up the good work Blue Ox.
06-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Is Moxieless mode just the same full game but without Moxie words? It's the one thing I hate about Moxie and the thing that stopped me playing it.

If it is, is there a separate leaderboard for it?