★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Repton "Defender type game"

02-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Repton "Defender type game"

Since retro is in again I thought I would mention that Repton hit the app store. Its a defender type game.
I didn't see any mention in the forums, may have missed it.
Looks like I'm the only one that has bought it so far. The game play is actually pretty good and the controls work well.
02-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad View Post
Since retro is in again I thought I would mention that Repton hit the app store. Its a defender type game.
Looks like I'm the only one that has bought it so far. The game play is actually pretty good and the controls work well.
Welcome to the forums,

http://appshopper.com/games/repton

From the description
Quote:
This is Repton, the classic side scrolling shoot-em up from 1982. An endless onslaught of alien ships work to construct their base on your nearly conquered colony planet. You must defend your planet until reinforcements arrive. Quick thinking and fast reflexes are needed to pilot the very well armed Repton Armageddon Ship. And with luck may just be enough to defeat the alien hordes.

Plus+ ID: Wegmans

02-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Could you post a video of the game? I would like to see it....if you can't, no worries. I read your review in the app store, and I am interested.

Thanks!
02-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Since retro is in again...
It is?
02-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
It is?

there's always going to be retro enthusiasts

retro will never die

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
02-22-2009, 11:51 PM
I hate retro games.
02-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
I hate retro games.
I'm pretty sure retro games aren't exactly inviting you over for dinner, either.

I love 'em -- but then I was around when they were new. Not really liking this one though. It almost looks like the author equates "retro" with "MS Paint." Sorry dude, but if you're going to retro it up, you need the chunk to go with it.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
02-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
Welcome to the forums,

http://appshopper.com/games/repton

From the description
Thanks for the welcome, this is a great site!
02-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
I'm pretty sure retro games aren't exactly inviting you over for dinner, either.

I love 'em -- but then I was around when they were new. Not really liking this one though. It almost looks like the author equates "retro" with "MS Paint." Sorry dude, but if you're going to retro it up, you need the chunk to go with it.
The screen shots are not the best, game play is good though. Most of the new games of today have alot of flash and gameplay as an after thought or not at all.