★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is there a way to hide the badge number on Appstore icon?

06-02-2010, 05:11 PM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,404
Is there a way to hide the badge number on Appstore icon?

I have a few apps which I don't want to update since they add nothing new yet take away some features, or changes the layout for worse, ruin the icon or put ads in them.

Is there a way to hide the badge number on the Appstore icon? I want to have the icon on my home screen and for months I've lived with it, but just wondering if there's any way other than hiding the icon altogether on the hidden page?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
06-02-2010, 05:23 PM
#2
Put it on the last page and never look at it unless needed lol

I know, I have 2 apps wanting to be updated but they will just add ads sadly. I've had to live with a '2' on my ipod for a few days now.

06-02-2010, 05:47 PM
#3
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,404
I love it on my home screen though. Ah well, guess I have to live with it..
Damn the devs!

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
06-02-2010, 06:21 PM
#4
If you use your mail app a lot I'd recommend putting the app store icon right next to the mail app, that wait there's at least numbers next to each other.
idk if that helps, but it works for me
06-02-2010, 06:32 PM
#5
We live in a world where single parents devote every last cent of their paycheck to feeding their children, even if they have to go without food themselves, yet we find time to complain publicly about suuuuuuch a burden as a little icon. Ignore it. Yes, it's annoying, but I learn to deal with it, too. I don't let silly thing like that bother me. ;P Didn't mean to rant at you at all, but it just kind of struck me...
06-02-2010, 06:33 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Sumwhere
Posts: 371
I'm not sure if this works but it's worth a try
~Install AppFlow from Cydia
~Find "Appstore"
~Click that and select Badge it

Beta Tested: iBetatest+Running with Scissors, iBlast Moki, IMO, 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011, Zenonia 2, Touch the Beat Beta Testing: Pentagon Defense
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieTheChaoticCupcake View Post
We live in a world where single parents devote every last cent of their paycheck to feeding their children, even if they have to go without food themselves, yet we find time to complain publicly about suuuuuuch a burden as a little icon. Ignore it. Yes, it's annoying, but I learn to deal with it, too. I don't let silly thing like that bother me. ;P Didn't mean to rant at you at all, but it just kind of struck me...
It's an iPhone gaming forum...
I'm pretty sure someone doesn't say that to you every time you complain about something.
06-02-2010, 10:13 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlyrefinedpirate View Post
It's an iPhone gaming forum...
I'm pretty sure someone doesn't say that to you every time you complain about something.
I had a moment, so I do sincerely apologize. I guess I'm just tired of it because I see this complaint so much when it can easily be remedies so simply.
06-02-2010, 10:50 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 1,502
I have 31 updates to install, some from January I'm just too lazy
06-03-2010, 12:13 AM
#10
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieTheChaoticCupcake View Post
I had a moment, so I do sincerely apologize. I guess I'm just tired of it because I see this complaint so much when it can easily be remedies so simply.
Does it sound like complaint to you? I was just asking, re-read the post. Yes I'm annoyed at the fact devs sometimes ruined great apps with updates, but that wasn't the main point and I never emphasised that here.

And do you really hear this problem so much? Because I can't see any threads about this like threads about price drops and all that.

I know there's a simple solution and I mentioned it in my first post, but I wanted to know if there was another way that I didn't know since not everyone knows as much as you, Mr. Smart.

But well I guess we can all have a moment.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.