• Publisher: 10tons Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 28.8 MB
  • Version: 1.06
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Take a glimpse at the visions from the mystical world of Azkend in HD in this Lite version of a puzzle game polished to perfection!

Don't forget to check out the astonishing sequel Azkend 2: The World Beneath!

OUTSTANDING REVIEWS!

"Azkend HD looks absolutely beautiful. The HD graphics were actually done right in its transformation from iPhone to iPad."
-nodpad.com

"Azkend HD was done really well and it is a great puzzle game. Great artwork, very decent music, and varied gameplay."
-mobiletechreview.com

"Azkend HD for the iPad is an enchanting experience that will keep most casual puzzle fans entertained for hours."
-appspy.com

Top #10 game in 16 countries

STORY

The Relic your archeological team discovered in Far Asia proved to be more powerful than anyone knew. Now you must lift the Relic's curse by reaching the Temple of Time and returning the Relic to where it belongs.

Earn up to eight talismans and unleash their powers to hasten your quest. Enjoy breathtaking sceneries on your fascinating journey. Immerse yourself in the rich and relaxing atmosphere. Indulge in hours of entertainment in two game modes.

Step into the exciting world of Azkend!

NO COMPROMISES QUALITY

Perfect controls, enthralling graphics and addictive gameplay highlight the uncompromised quality in this hit game for the iPad.

FEATURES

- Amazing hand drawn full screen art in HD
- Perfect touch controls
- Captivating story
- Enchanting soundtrack
- Hours of puzzle action
- Two game modes
- Eight powerful talismans
- Stunning visual effects

INSTRUCTIONS

- Match tiles to break them
- Make matches by sliding your finger over three or more like tiles

VIDEO: http://bit.ly/b5IO87
VISIT US: 10tons.com
FOLLOW US: @10tonsLtd at twitter

Also check out "Sparkle HD" - another smash hit iPad game from 10tons!

Want more match-3? Check out "Heroes of Kalevala HD"!

pluto6's comments:
Azkend is probably one of the best matching games out there. The HD brings bigger pieces and beautiful graphics to the game. The lite version can show you how beautiful this game is.

If you have the iPhone version, hard to say if you should purchase the HD. The board layouts are somewhat different due to the different presentation, but the levels, the powerups, etc. all remain the same. I bought it because it is one of, if not my favorite matching game. If you are on the fence you can now check out the lite....

06-02-2010, 05:21 PM
#2
I just tried the lite and it looks great. However I prefer playing the iPhone version on the iPad as the pieces are much bigger.

Was there a reason that they made the HD version so small?
06-02-2010, 05:30 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I just tried the lite and it looks great. However I prefer playing the iPhone version on the iPad as the pieces are much bigger.

Was there a reason that they made the HD version so small?
The short answer is that they had so many compliments about the backgrounds of Azkend that with the iPad version they could better show them off... You can read about it in the Azkend HD thread. It is sort of sad, because they make great games, and I thought my favorite iPhone game was going to be my favorite iPad game, but.... Cranker also felt the same way.

Still - it is very fun, very beautiful, and I have got my money's worth out of it... I guess my dream game was just not to be.

Instead Cranker and I exert pressure on them to make an Azkend 2, and fix these issues with Azkend 1, so it can be the perfect game...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-02-2010, 05:45 PM
#4
Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding this game way too easy. Is there any real challenge?
06-02-2010, 05:54 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding this game way too easy. Is there any real challenge?
The main challenge in this game is time. As you go on, there are obstacles, and more pieces of different varieties, so the ability to match becomes more difficult. It is not really a difficult game to complete. The full version has a survival mode, and another mode that you can go back and replay individual levels. For the first 20 or 30 levels gold stars are pretty easy, as you go on, the gold stars become harder to get.

If you are a completionist (like me) then you go back when all is done, and get gold stars on all the levels...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-02-2010, 09:19 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
The short answer is that they had so many compliments about the backgrounds of Azkend that with the iPad version they could better show them off... You can read about it in the Azkend HD thread. It is sort of sad, because they make great games, and I thought my favorite iPhone game was going to be my favorite iPad game, but.... Cranker also felt the same way.

Still - it is very fun, very beautiful, and I have got my money's worth out of it... I guess my dream game was just not to be.

Instead Cranker and I exert pressure on them to make an Azkend 2, and fix these issues with Azkend 1, so it can be the perfect game...

Yes !!!!! Azkend 2 please

Also please update the HD version so most of the screen is used up for the game screen and not the backgrounds. The backgounds are nice and all, but it just makes no sense that I might actually prefer the iphone version on my ipad.


Edit: I just tried this game and it just makes no sense how small the game screen is. This is one of my favorite iphone games and I just don't get it It would be just AMAZING if the game took up 80-90% of the ipad screen and the backgounds 10-20%.

I too would rather play the iphone version on my ipad..............it's a shame really. Please update this game.

Last edited by cranker; 06-02-2010 at 09:31 PM.