Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-02-2010, 06:19 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Default Azkend HD Lite is now out

Azkend is probably one of the best matching games out there. The HD brings bigger pieces and beautiful graphics to the game. The lite version can show you how beautiful this game is.

If you have the iPhone version, hard to say if you should purchase the HD. The board layouts are somewhat different due to the different presentation, but the levels, the powerups, etc. all remain the same. I bought it because it is one of, if not my favorite matching game. If you are on the fence you can now check out the lite....

Old 06-02-2010, 06:21 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

I just tried the lite and it looks great. However I prefer playing the iPhone version on the iPad as the pieces are much bigger.

Was there a reason that they made the HD version so small?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:30 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I just tried the lite and it looks great. However I prefer playing the iPhone version on the iPad as the pieces are much bigger.

Was there a reason that they made the HD version so small?
The short answer is that they had so many compliments about the backgrounds of Azkend that with the iPad version they could better show them off... You can read about it in the Azkend HD thread. It is sort of sad, because they make great games, and I thought my favorite iPhone game was going to be my favorite iPad game, but.... Cranker also felt the same way.

Still - it is very fun, very beautiful, and I have got my money's worth out of it... I guess my dream game was just not to be.

Instead Cranker and I exert pressure on them to make an Azkend 2, and fix these issues with Azkend 1, so it can be the perfect game...
Old 06-02-2010, 06:45 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding this game way too easy. Is there any real challenge?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding this game way too easy. Is there any real challenge?
The main challenge in this game is time. As you go on, there are obstacles, and more pieces of different varieties, so the ability to match becomes more difficult. It is not really a difficult game to complete. The full version has a survival mode, and another mode that you can go back and replay individual levels. For the first 20 or 30 levels gold stars are pretty easy, as you go on, the gold stars become harder to get.

If you are a completionist (like me) then you go back when all is done, and get gold stars on all the levels...
Old 06-02-2010, 10:19 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
The short answer is that they had so many compliments about the backgrounds of Azkend that with the iPad version they could better show them off... You can read about it in the Azkend HD thread. It is sort of sad, because they make great games, and I thought my favorite iPhone game was going to be my favorite iPad game, but.... Cranker also felt the same way.

Still - it is very fun, very beautiful, and I have got my money's worth out of it... I guess my dream game was just not to be.

Instead Cranker and I exert pressure on them to make an Azkend 2, and fix these issues with Azkend 1, so it can be the perfect game...

Yes !!!!! Azkend 2 please

Also please update the HD version so most of the screen is used up for the game screen and not the backgrounds. The backgounds are nice and all, but it just makes no sense that I might actually prefer the iphone version on my ipad.

Edit: I just tried this game and it just makes no sense how small the game screen is. This is one of my favorite iphone games and I just don't get it It would be just AMAZING if the game took up 80-90% of the ipad screen and the backgounds 10-20%.

I too would rather play the iphone version on my ipad..............it's a shame really. Please update this game.

Last edited by cranker; 06-02-2010 at 10:31 PM..