Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-03-2010, 12:33 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Quote:
Sweet, it's finally up.

BTW, we are working on Open Feint integration (and other updates) for this game. If you have any ideas for achievements, well, go ahead and post 'em. :P
Please no, go for plus at least, openfeint is the worst. It honestly messes up perfectly good games, go the cannabalt and put in your own leaderboards. Or plus.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:01 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvy View Post
Please no, go for plus at least, openfeint is the worst. It honestly messes up perfectly good games, go the cannabalt and put in your own leaderboards. Or plus.

Openfeint Is fine and works great. I also like the simplicity and speed of agon
Old 06-03-2010, 01:16 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
I think screen real estate is the major problem here.. it's just not big enough. So, perhaps when the unicorn jumps, the screen can zoom out slightly and allow the player a chance of seeing the ground. A few games already do this, eg LilRacerz... when the car is travelling at a slower speed, the screen zooms in, when accelerating however, the screen zooms out to allow the player to see the next bend or two, along with other potential obstacles...

...just a thought.
Well if you look at the flash game... this happens sometimes too, albeit less frequently luck is part of the game.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cifuang View Post
Well if you look at the flash game... this happens sometimes too, albeit less frequently luck is part of the game.
Yes I understand this, but in this version you dont see the ground. SO many times I fall to the ground only to be on top of a star before I can even do anything about it. I should be able to play this game for a while at a time, not for 10 seconds until a star comes out of nowhere because I cant see it
Old 06-03-2010, 01:43 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Why can't I see the iTunes screenshots?
Old 06-03-2010, 01:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I have not had a problem with the controls, nor the "can't see the ground" thing. It doesn't seem to be a random layout every time. It appears to be the same layout, so maybe the more you play it, the more you'll know when to jump and when not to jump?

I honestly can't say I've had that problem. I mean, I noticed that you don't see the ground all the time, but it's a pretty forgiving game in that area. I have still not fallen down a hole because of this "problem", so I don't see it as a big deal. It would be cool for them to fix it for people that DO find it as a problem, though

I came in to the thread to say I'm loving it. It feels very smooth, the controls work perfectly, and it has translated very well to the iPhone. If you're choosing between this and Canabalt, I strongly suggest this one. It's really fun
Old 06-03-2010, 03:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

But the levels ARE randomly created, no?
Quite fun game, never played the flash version.
Still think, Canabalt is better, the ridiculous setting is funny for the first 5 min.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:13 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Still think, Canabalt is better, the ridiculous setting is funny for the first 5 min.
Whether that holds true or not. It doesn't matter, but it's because I already own Canabalt that I refuse to shell out the same price for something nearly identical.

Of course there's the whole crazy epic robot loopy-woopy-dipsy-doo-da and you have to dash to break objects. But it looks like the same game to me, heck both of them got ported from a flash version.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:25 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via Yahoo to thegamerocks06

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
But the levels ARE randomly created, no?
Quite fun game, never played the flash version.
After spending some time with the flash version, i think i agree with him.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:01 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
Yes I understand this, but in this version you dont see the ground. SO many times I fall to the ground only to be on top of a star before I can even do anything about it. I should be able to play this game for a while at a time, not for 10 seconds until a star comes out of nowhere because I cant see it
Seriously, dude? I have not had a problem with this at all. All you have to do is take a look at the game design. For example, every large gap is marked by a very visible fairy at the beginning of your "landing zone." Given that, and the fact that all the stars are placed in the mid to end range on each strip (with the exception of that really short pattern), it really isn't that hard to figure out how far you need to jump. Simply put, seeing the ground isn't always necessary because it is clearly MARKED.

If that doesn't help you, I think your reflexes may be the cause of your distress.

Also, yes. The levels are randomly generated. It's just handled in a different way than Canabalt. In Canabalt there is a relatively limited number of platform types that are randomly chosen and assigned random dimensions on the fly (I think that's how it works). Whereas RUA has a larger number of set patterns that are arranged in a random order.