★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rounders

02-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Rounders

[IMG][/IMG]

"In the game of life, Play the cards you are dealt"

Rated 8/10 Silver Award Winner by Pocket Gamer

Experience the cult classic poker movie “Rounders” being immortalized on your iphone in one of the most versatile and award winning mobile poker card game ever!

The gorgeous graphics and first person poker action, coupled with the fascinating plot straight from the movie and memorable characters including Mike, Worm and Teddy KGB are sure to captivate you!

After watching a cut-scene in which Mike loses a huge sum of money to Russian Mafia man called KGB Teddy, you're launched into the game penniless. You borrow money from an acquaintance in order to build a bankroll, and then enter a series of games, selectable from a map screen. The object is to beat Teddy at the end of your fifth virtual day, working your way towards the possibility of victory by playing at progressively high-stakes venues.

At Greeks, the buy-in is just $100, with a minimum stake of $5 ($10 if you're on big blind). This is a good place to take the $500 you win at the Uni*******, but once you're a bit more flush you might want to go to somewhere like Binghampton, where the buy-in is $500 and the minimum stake is $15/$30. You can even go to The Taj if you've got $5000 to burn.

If you're short, on the other hand, you can work as a delivery man, ferrying goods around for relatively small change at the cost of a few hours of your time. Or, if driving a truck sounds too much like honest work, you can bail your buddy Worm from jail and use him to cheat by revealing what cards one of your opponents has whenever you succeed in a rhythm-timing sub-game. If you fail, back to jail Worm goes, and you lose more time.

The intriguing storyline puts you in a crunch situation which truly challenges your poker skills. Strategy takes the front seat as you battle against time to emerge on top. With unequaled gameplay having elements like loans, underground tournaments, head’s up, bottom dealing and signaling, Rounders is sure to give you the most intense poker experience ever!

You can also customize your own Avatar with over 60 million unique avatar combinations possible!

Promotional codes
N7HPT3YWLP67
3XNWWNTK7NTR
YYXJ9KHFP9JA

link to download
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305260406&mt=8

Last edited by pokerfan; 02-23-2009 at 10:41 AM.
02-23-2009, 10:43 AM
I grabbed 3XNWWNTK7NTR. Thanks!
02-23-2009, 10:44 AM
If u grabbed then forget to give some reviews. ( some good one )
02-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerfan View Post
If u grabbed then forget to give some reviews. ( some good one )
I will be sure to review it after I get home and have a chance to use it. I also will spread the word because my friends and I are pretty obsessed with our iDevices

By the way, if you grab a code, please post so others (including the dev) know!
02-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Damn it was just a picture when I clicked on this. Shoot.
02-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpb1975 View Post
By the way, if you grab a code, please post so others (including the dev) know!

Yes please. It's no fun seeing "code already used" when you think no one has used yet.
02-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I do not like the way "PokerFan" is going about his business.
He is obviously the dev of Rounders since he is giving away promo codes, yet he pretended to be a user praising the game.

I already created a thread for Rounders here, and I expressed my disappointment in the game.

PokerFan replied:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...light=Rounders

Quote:
I have played this game yesterday story mode is amazing. Well everyone should buy this game.
Also:

Quote:
Guys you download the game and play then only you will undestand. Rounders is definately a good game. Story line is simply amazing.
Please do not buy this.
I will be leaving a bad review on the AppStore because of today's thread. Sorry.

EDIT: Arn, can anything be done about this terrible developer behaviour?

Last edited by Phi6; 02-23-2009 at 11:09 AM.
02-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phi6 View Post
I do not like the way "PokerFan" is going about his business.
He is obviously the dev of Rounders since he is giving away promo codes, yet he pretended to be a user praising the game.

I already created a thread for Rounders here, and I expressed my disappointment in the game.

PokerFan replied:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...light=Rounders

Also:

Please do not buy this.
I will be leaving a bad review on the AppStore because of today's thread. Sorry.

EDIT: Arn, can anything be done about this terrible developer behaviour?
Phi6, I do understand your sentiment, but have you played the game? I am just curious because the screenshots in iTunes don't look bad at all.

As for pokerfan....it is very important to make sure you let people know you are the dev for two reasons:

1) People can give you input to improve the game...which is both helpful to you and the end user

2) It is very misleading to act as a user when you are actually the dev. This forum can be a great tool for devs, but only if they make it known.

As for a review, I will rate the game based on the game. I try to keep feelings out of it. I hope I like it because I love the idea.

By the way, do you (pokerfan) plan on releasing updates to the game and continue supporting it. If so, I would love to give you ideas for improvement after I have a chance to use the game.
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpb1975 View Post
Phi6, I do understand your sentiment, but have you played the game? I am just curious because the screenshots in iTunes don't look bad at all.

As for pokerfan....it is very important to make sure you let people know you are the dev for two reasons:

1) People can give you input to improve the game...which is both helpful to you and the end user

2) It is very misleading to act as a user when you are actually the dev. This forum can be a great tool for devs, but only if they make it known.

As for a review, I will rate the game based on the game. I try to keep feelings out of it. I hope I like it because I love the idea.

By the way, do you (pokerfan) plan on releasing updates to the game and continue supporting it. If so, I would love to give you ideas for improvement after I have a chance to use the game.
I bought the game as soon as it came out. Rpb, I have played it, and although the screenshots look quite decent, so does Urban Tycoon. This is a very poor cellphone port, however, that is beside the point. Regardless of the quality of the app, this is about something else.

I normally support devs and potential updates very much, but recent behaviour has made me very bitter. I apologise for bringing my feelings into this, but I have completely lost respect here.

Last edited by Phi6; 02-23-2009 at 11:20 AM.