★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

PewPew2 Is Now Universal

06-03-2010, 11:44 PM
PewPew2 Is Now Universal

Ya gotta love this developer! His first game is not only awesome, but free. His second game is even better and he makes it universal rather than ask us to buy it twice a' la Meteor Blitz.

He even used the higher resolution to great effect by pulling the perspective back rather than just making the graphics HUGE and smooth a' la Geometry Wars.

I am a happy gamer.
06-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Ya gotta love this developer! His first game is not only awesome, but free. His second game is even better and he makes it universal rather than ask us to buy it twice a' la Meteor Blitz.

He even used the higher resolution to great effect by pulling the perspective back rather than just making the graphics HUGE and smooth a' la Geometry Wars.

I am a happy gamer.
I haven't picked this up yet but I will now. I love Universal games.

06-03-2010, 11:54 PM
PewPew 2 does look great on the iPad. I noted that it went universal, and am also a happy camper.

I don't think that all apps are able to be universal though. I am not a programmer, but I am sure that there are reasons for devs not having universal apps, and I don't think it is all greed. There may be some, but I don't think it is fair to throw them all in the category of trying to milk every last dime from the consumers. That model just does not hold up well.

Both apps are excellent in their own rights, and I am certainly glad that a universal app was possible.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
PewPew 2 does look great on the iPad. I noted that it went universal, and am also a happy camper.

I don't think that all apps are able to be universal though. I am not a programmer, but I am sure that there are reasons for devs not having universal apps, and I don't think it is all greed. There may be some, but I don't think it is fair to throw them all in the category of trying to milk every last dime from the consumers. That model just does not hold up well.

Both apps are excellent in their own rights, and I am certainly glad that a universal app was possible.
To me, a good rule of thumb is the inclusion of additional content. If they add features or modes of play such as split-screen multiplay, I gladly buy it again. Too often, though it seems that they ARE trying to milk me (and not in a good way). Think: Angry Birds...
06-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I haven't picked this up yet but I will now. I love Universal games.
well done. you be a man, do the right thing.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
06-04-2010, 09:29 AM
The universal app exits (crashes) at the end of a game on my device, just after pressing "ok" (or tapping the default name in order to edit it) at the name entry screen. This happened after games in several modes, including Highway.

The installation was direct-to-device (16GB wifi ipad - less than 1/3 full) over itunes, and the device was restarted prior to running the app for the first time.
06-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
To me, a good rule of thumb is the inclusion of additional content. If they add features or modes of play such as split-screen multiplay, I gladly buy it again. Too often, though it seems that they ARE trying to milk me (and not in a good way). Think: Angry Birds...
Love your post, dude. I think I'll make it my sig someday! Kudos!!!!!!

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
06-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Love your post, dude. I think I'll make it my sig someday! Kudos!!!!!!
Lol! Thx Dood. It's all yours
06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubjelly View Post
The universal app exits (crashes) at the end of a game on my device, just after pressing "ok" (or tapping the default name in order to edit it) at the name entry screen. This happened after games in several modes, including Highway.

The installation was direct-to-device (16GB wifi ipad - less than 1/3 full) over itunes, and the device was restarted prior to running the app for the first time.
Ok, working on it. I will include new campaign levels in the update to redeem myself.

Developer of PewPew and PewPew 2. [App Store link]
06-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyaif View Post
Ok, working on it. I will include new campaign levels in the update to redeem myself.
Please do, the controls were SO PERFECT for an iPad shooter, it's a shame I can't play it!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews