★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Drop7 addiction (yes, still)

06-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Drop7 addiction (yes, still)

I have been playing this game for... I don't know how long (9 months, at least?) and I still can't get enough of it. It feels like the perfect iPhone game in so many ways.

Who else can't get enough of Drop7 - and more importantly, what other games can you recommend that are this same level of stupid-simple and unbelievably habit-forming? I know there's a game that ripped it off and added another number or two in there, can't recall the name of it though (any help?)

Go on.. make me regret posting this....
06-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Ummmm the only one that popped up in my head was Super 7 or something like that.

06-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Drop7 is THE best game in the app store.

And I think the game that you're talking about is called Number 9 or 7? I don't know. I recommend Dropsum to all Drop7 lovers and vice-versa.
06-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Tilt to Live is on par.

06-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Tilt to Live is indeed a great game, but totally different as far as pace and style. Drop7 you can just sit there and breeze thru or take it slow, depending on your pace. I guess I am thinking more in those kinda terms.

Folks should also checkout DropZap and they will see some familiar elements
06-04-2010, 04:35 AM
I prefer Chainlink Pro&Tilt To Live...but Drop7 is also good..

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
06-04-2010, 04:50 AM

You should try DropZap:

It is somewhat like Tetris and Drop7 but with a new game mechanic.

It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
06-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Send a message via ICQ to putermcgee
i still play and love it. in fact, i had only played and loved the demo until less than a month ago when i bought the full version (noooo, why didn't i get it when it was a dollar!!!).

honestly, i think i like the demo more...unfortunately, it's not in the app store anymore. the demo didn't have the delays related to leaderboards, it didn't have the false pretense that there are multiple gameplay modes, and it didn't cost a dime! the only thing i don't like about the demo is that it gives you a game over around level 10.

the thing is (in the full version), the normal mode's initial rounds last too long, and the hard mode's aren't long enough. and the sequence mode is pretty dumb. in the demo, the round is just long enough for my typical train rides.

so i kept the demo on my phone because it's more fun for me. i don't really regret buying the full version since the dev. deserves it, but maybe if i knew the modes weren't actually different ways to play, i wouldn't have bought it. it would also be nice to see some sort of updates (like disabling high score posting).
06-04-2010, 05:45 AM
My girlfriend used to play Drop7 all the time the other month. I'd recommend Chain Link Pro and Sigma.

Invaders Must Die.
06-04-2010, 08:59 AM
I would vote Chain Link Pro too. But an oldie but goodie that I keep playing is Monkeys in Space. Other oldies are Orbital and Geo Spark. (all have that errr I lost now I must play another game phenomenon)

Newbies that haven't passed the test of time yet but definitely show great potential are Leap Sheep, Robot Unicorn, Ninjatown Trees of Doom, Spinzizzle, and Finger vs Finger.

Making these recommendations obviously not because they are similar to Drop7 but because to me they fit your request for "stupid-simple and unbelievably habit-forming."