Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmn02102 View Post
I hate you for making this ipad only.

Seriously, why to hell did you do it? Do you ****ing ENJOY loosing money or something?
The iPhone version is in the works, should be out before the end of the summer.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:35 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I hate you for making this ipad only.

Seriously, why to hell did you do it? Do you ****ing ENJOY loosing money or something?
They're not really losing money.. they're just not making as much.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsspzcw View Post
Read through the thread. I'm considering it, but I usually prefer the sword/magic RPGs. Does this have a class system like Tactics Ogre or FF Tactics?

Thanks for the info.
It does, but they're assigned to specific characters, so they're not quite defined as such. The game centers around a group of Elemental Gears, each with it's own abilities, upgrade path, weapons, and tactics -- more like Fire Emblem than FF Tactics. As you make your way through the game, your team grows and changes.

Though mecha-oriented, there's much about the game that feels like fantasy, from the elemental mythology at the core of story, to the intervention of goddesses and fairies. The game is not perfect, but if you're willing to try something different, I think it's worth your while.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:05 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Update 1.2 is out:

What's new

Cleaned up dialogues. A few bug fixes.
Players can 'Reset Tutorial' from Options to watch tutorial again.
Yeah, so nice. The only requests missing are:

1) Ability to skip dialogs (for when restarting mission without quickstart)
2) Better dialog/explanation of combat system (however, once you figure it out, it's a breeze. Except for the Tia thing, I managed to complete all but a couple boards without a replay.).

It's funny, but did anyone else notice how the gears you get come in and out depending on the mission. I had a couple overdeveloped gears that I lost *sigh*.

When you consider how poor most game AI's are when there are a lot of strategic factors (willpower, abilities, elements, terrain(!), etc.), I think the developers did a good job of trying to make it challenging. Terrain is especially interesting: For instance, one simple thing with earth gears is to find "high mountains" or "ramparts" and sit on them lobbing ranged weapons—your gear becomes hard to hit. Ironically, that doesn't work with fire gears (low mountains are better and forests are best), and slopes kick but for air gears (which seem to be in great locations and these gears have a high evade anyway).

This reminds me of a small thing. It's best to save immediately before mission start and equippage. You don't know what gears you'll have on what mission, but once you see the mission start, you can get a good idea and better equip them (remember there are items that you can rotate between players). There is one case where I was shocked to find myself fighting my own gear and forgot to equip things correctly. I almost had to replay the board of that. :-D

Last edited by tychay; 07-19-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Old 07-25-2010, 03:56 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tychay View Post
Yeah, so nice. The only requests missing are:
1) Ability to skip dialogs (for when restarting mission without quickstart)
This feature is there in version 1.2. It saves me tons of time.
However, there is still no complete manual ... such a pity.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
The iPhone version is in the works, should be out before the end of the summer.
Yes, but there's absolutely no excuse for not making the iPhone version first. Ipad owners can play iPhone games, but not the other way around - surely the version that's playable for everyone should have taken priority over the one that's unplayable for 99% of users?

Wasn't situations like this exactly what people on here were wordied about just before the ipad came out?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Yes, but there's absolutely no excuse for not making the iPhone version first. Ipad owners can play iPhone games, but not the other way around - surely the version that's playable for everyone should have taken priority over the one that's unplayable for 99% of users?

Wasn't situations like this exactly what people on here were wordied about just before the ipad came out?
Maybe the developers were thinking that the iPad would be the best device to create their game for because the iPod's screen is so small compared to the iPad's so it wouldn't be as good. But since their game is in such demand, they decided to create an iPhone version. And before you say anything about the screen size not being a good reason, it is. The screen real estate makes a big difference.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

I agree about the screen size issue, totally. I just mean that between having that play it on a screen size that's not ideal and not being to play it at all, I'd take the screen size issue.

I would have loved to buy an ipad, but I honestly feel apple dropped the ball so much with that device that I really feel I'd be spending $600 on a device that mostly doesn't do what I want. I'm still holding out for the next iteration, hoping it fixes the issues.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I agree about the screen size issue, totally. I just mean that between having that play it on a screen size that's not ideal and not being to play it at all, I'd take the screen size issue.

I would have loved to buy an ipad, but I honestly feel apple dropped the ball so much with that device that I really feel I'd be spending $600 on a device that mostly doesn't do what I want. I'm still holding out for the next iteration, hoping it fixes the issues.
Well, you will be able to play it on your iPod just not yet :P But I think they just decided to make a game for a device with the best possible experience that you can get, and then work on porting it onto other devices even though it won't be as pleasant.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 PM
iPad

Quote:
I don't get it. I can't think of anything my iPad doesn't do that I want, except that it could weigh a few ounces less. What "issues"?