Originally Posted by Qordobo
Safari is my first issue. I use the ipad less and less for forums because of this. Here some of the troubles:
- No way to quickly switch inside app the language used for spelling check.
- In edit text box the way to scroll is totally awful.
- In my language there too many special letter often used not in base keyboard like many accent characters (I know the quick swipe shortcuts to get them, but it's still a lot of trouble).
- Lack of tabs, and for the current system like tabs but slower to use, each time you put a tab in front it refresh, awful even if I suppose memory limits could be a problem but with that fast disk a cache management would be easy.
- I have more but the list is long enough.
So this thread has turned to an iPad device review. LOL! Anyway I'm actually more than content with my iPad. I'm loving it, but I totally agree with a couple of your points. Scrolling in edit box is tough. What you have to do is scroll by highlighting, which is very taxing. And yes, opening a tab shouldn't autorefresh. At least there should be a setting to turn autorefresh off. Sometimes though, there have been instances when it hasn't autorefreshed regardless if I had wifi signal at the time or not. The pain of autorefresh is when you saved pages to read later on. Once you open the tab, you have to wait again to have it loaded. Worse of course is if you're in a wifi-less area. Your saved page would be gone. Nevertheless, these are issues that Apple can, and hopefully would, fix later on.