Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-26-2010, 09:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
Really? You can honestly say you're 100% content with what it gives you? How about flash? Then there's the lack of a glowing apple in the back... :P
Dunno if that was sarcastic or not.. but I could care less that it has flash. Of course if I had the choice between an ipad with flash and an ipad without, everything else remaining exactly the same including the price, then yeah who wouldnt take one with flash, but really, I dont have much use for it.

I realize I may be in the minority there though.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
Dunno if that was sarcastic or not.. but I could care less that it has flash. Of course if I had the choice between an ipad with flash and an ipad without, everything else remaining exactly the same including the price, then yeah who wouldnt take one with flash, but really, I dont have much use for it.

I realize I may be in the minority there though.
I agree with you. If they offered a version with flash and a version without, I'd probably take the one with flash (just in case), but I honestly don't care about flash at all.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 PM
iPad

Actually, I dislike Flash enough that I would pay extra for the version without Flash. It's just annoying and slow. On my PC, FlashBlock (for Chrome) is a godsend.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:03 PM

Default Stage 32

I have not had many problems with the game but at stage 32 which is relatively simple I cannot seem to find out how to escape I can just keep tina taking on Wensloth (yes I know that is not right) but I cannot find the exact point to escape at.

P.S. This is a great game, and after beating Fire Emblem I haven't found anything like it but this a great game. Also a harder version would be nice
Old 08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Actually, I dislike Flash enough that I would pay extra for the version without Flash. It's just annoying and slow. On my PC, FlashBlock (for Chrome) is a godsend.
+1, yeah...I'd opt for an iPad without Flash over one with Flash... Flash is retarded...

As for the op in this line of discussion, well, if the iPad had a front camera for Skype calls with video, it would be complete.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Default How do i use the mass attack?

I have no idea how to use it, any help plz?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I don't get it. I can't think of anything my iPad doesn't do that I want, except that it could weigh a few ounces less. What "issues"?
Safari is my first issue. I use the ipad less and less for forums because of this. Here some of the troubles:
  • No way to quickly switch inside app the language used for spelling check.
  • In edit text box the way to scroll is totally awful.
  • In my language there too many special letter often used not in base keyboard like many accent characters (I know the quick swipe shortcuts to get them, but it's still a lot of trouble).
  • Lack of tabs, and for the current system like tabs but slower to use, each time you put a tab in front it refresh, awful even if I suppose memory limits could be a problem but with that fast disk a cache management would be easy.
  • I have more but the list is long enough.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:46 AM
iPad

OK, I can believe that iPad/Safari doesn't have great support for languages other than English. Seems like a valid complaint but not a big issue for most of the people posting here.

I'm actually pretty glad the number of tabs is limited, I tend to just open too many on my laptop. It's barely manageable there but on the iPad I think I'm really better off not even trying to have scores of them.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Safari is my first issue. I use the ipad less and less for forums because of this. Here some of the troubles:
  • No way to quickly switch inside app the language used for spelling check.
  • In edit text box the way to scroll is totally awful.
  • In my language there too many special letter often used not in base keyboard like many accent characters (I know the quick swipe shortcuts to get them, but it's still a lot of trouble).
  • Lack of tabs, and for the current system like tabs but slower to use, each time you put a tab in front it refresh, awful even if I suppose memory limits could be a problem but with that fast disk a cache management would be easy.
  • I have more but the list is long enough.
So this thread has turned to an iPad device review. LOL! Anyway I'm actually more than content with my iPad. I'm loving it, but I totally agree with a couple of your points. Scrolling in edit box is tough. What you have to do is scroll by highlighting, which is very taxing. And yes, opening a tab shouldn't autorefresh. At least there should be a setting to turn autorefresh off. Sometimes though, there have been instances when it hasn't autorefreshed regardless if I had wifi signal at the time or not. The pain of autorefresh is when you saved pages to read later on. Once you open the tab, you have to wait again to have it loaded. Worse of course is if you're in a wifi-less area. Your saved page would be gone. Nevertheless, these are issues that Apple can, and hopefully would, fix later on.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:47 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebleeptruth View Post
So this thread has turned to an iPad device review. LOL! Anyway I'm actually more than content with my iPad. I'm loving it, but I totally agree with a couple of your points. Scrolling in edit box is tough. What you have to do is scroll by highlighting, which is very taxing. And yes, opening a tab shouldn't autorefresh. At least there should be a setting to turn autorefresh off. Sometimes though, there have been instances when it hasn't autorefreshed regardless if I had wifi signal at the time or not. The pain of autorefresh is when you saved pages to read later on. Once you open the tab, you have to wait again to have it loaded. Worse of course is if you're in a wifi-less area. Your saved page would be gone. Nevertheless, these are issues that Apple can, and hopefully would, fix later on.
Sure all complain I listed would be quick and easy to fix, Apple just need some concurrent to have their ass kicked. Once Mozilla is going through Apple validation process and working well I'm pretty sure I'll never come back to Safari crap again, like on my Mac.