★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-05-2010, 11:16 AM
#21
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
But too low profile release don't you think?

Doesn't help that the game is iPad only.
Agreed -- though it might be tough to make the interface work on a smaller screen.

As I mentioned, I did post a comment on the dev's forum asking for a video. I'll try to do one myself in the next few days if I don't hear back.

At 50 missions and multiple endings, this has a phenomenal amount of content.
06-05-2010, 11:41 AM
#22
Video Please looks cool but I won't buy anything without seeing it on YouTube first

06-05-2010, 12:54 PM
#23
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormauser View Post
Video Please looks cool but I won't buy anything without seeing it on YouTube first
I understand that. In fact, I rarely buy games without seeing a video first, unless they're very cheap. I made an exception in this case, though, and I'm really glad I did .
06-05-2010, 12:59 PM
#24
Well I may grab this after reading some impressions.
06-05-2010, 01:03 PM
#25
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I understand that. In fact, I rarely buy games without seeing a video first, unless they're very cheap. I made an exception in this case, though, and I'm really glad I did .
You are a pretty good judge IMO. I loved Fire Emblem on the DS, so I'll be getting today. Some of the other games mentioned, I have never heard of. I tend to get the mainstream RPGs, but many of the ones that are primarily in Japanese, or only have a small north american release, I never hear of, or there are no reviews.

I got too much stuff to be playing though... Ah well... I'll have tons of games to play when I finally retire....

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-05-2010, 03:07 PM
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
You are a pretty good judge IMO. I loved Fire Emblem on the DS, so I'll be getting today. Some of the other games mentioned, I have never heard of. I tend to get the mainstream RPGs, but many of the ones that are primarily in Japanese, or only have a small north american release, I never hear of, or there are no reviews.

I got too much stuff to be playing though... Ah well... I'll have tons of games to play when I finally retire....
Let me know how you fair with the game. I am on the fence. One more positive review will probably push me over.
06-06-2010, 12:35 AM
#27
Recommended

Bought the game and played now for a few hours and i can fully recommend it.
Graphics arent too impressiv on the battlescreen but the fighting system is really deep and the leveling mechanics of your units is great.


But right now i'm stuck at level7 as i get one shot killed by the boss...
Anyone any advice?
06-06-2010, 06:38 AM
#28
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar006 View Post
Bought the game and played now for a few hours and i can fully recommend it.
Graphics arent too impressiv on the battlescreen but the fighting system is really deep and the leveling mechanics of your units is great.


But right now i'm stuck at level7 as i get one shot killed by the boss...
Anyone any advice?
The blue wing is the only one who has a chance to beat him (or at least damage him enough that he runs away), but you can use the rest of your Gears to weaken him. As long as one survives, the others will be automatically restored at the end of the stage, so feel free to make some sacrifices.
06-06-2010, 07:47 AM
#29
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Funny thing is, a couple of days ago I was having an exchange with Edoku about the fact that we needed an RPG like this on the iDevice. And voil, there it is.
Ah yes, I remember that

Also, a game like Fire Emblem and Super Robot Taisen on the iPad? Awesome!



...wait, it's not on the iPhone?

...seriously, rage.

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto
06-06-2010, 08:16 AM
#30
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduku View Post
Ah yes, I remember that

Also, a game like Fire Emblem and Super Robot Taisen on the iPad? Awesome!



...wait, it's not on the iPhone?

...seriously, rage.
I sent a message to the devs about doing an iPhone version -- hopefully they will respond soon.

I'm sure that much of this game will be familiar to you (and also that you can list better examples on other platforms). As an iPad game, there's really nothing quite like it.