★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: BoardBox on SALE! - realstic, true-to-life board games on the iPad!

06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
BoardBox on SALE! - realstic, true-to-life board games on the iPad!

Hi everyone!

We're back to announce that, to celebrate the 2 month anniversary of BoardBox, we have reduced our price by 50% for a limited time!

We're working on our latest update, which as of right now, is unannounced, but we will have some great features for you!

In the meantime, enjoy our latest update for just $1.99! Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, and Reversi accompany 16 other games in addition to the most realistic visuals on any iPad board game, as well as, of course, rules for Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, as well as EMAIL MULTIPLAYER!

The full lineup in our 1.1 update includes so much more than just those things though! The update includes a reworked settings panel, tweaked email multiplayer support, some revised graphic designs, and of course, chess rules and backgammon, complete with three unique board styles, pieces, and two beautiful sets of dice!

We've also thrown in our own creation, Tournament Tic Tac Toe, with nine simultaneous games for quick in and out game play without clearing the board each time!

Take a look at some screenshots of our latest creation; you'll be able to get it for FREE as a current BoardBox owner or for just $1.99 in the iPad App Store when it launches by the end of the week!

Make sure you take a look at the Movile Blog for the full list of updates and to keep up with all our updates in the future! Also, you can follow Movile on Twitter!

This update is free and the full game is on sale right now for just $1.99!

In the meantime, take a look at these screenshots!

06-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Looks great!!

06-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Any hope of computer player coming to this set?

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
06-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Wait , I don't get it - is 1.1 update out then? Oh, wait, I already have it.

Last edited by mrkgoo; 06-04-2010 at 05:01 PM.
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
which games are the rules enforced?
06-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Rules are enforced in Chess, Go, Reversi, Checkers, and Backgammon.
06-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi, just wanted to commend you on boardbox.

I've been reading the reviews, and I have nothing against comments when they are honest, but a lot of the reviews just plain stink. You clearly say that it's a simulator of sorts for boardgames and pieces, yet people still buy it and complain about it not being something that it isn't trying to be!

One review even says that your description isn't clear, yet it very much is.

I just think it sucks that you've put so much effort into it, and it is lovely, yet people still frown upon it for the wrong reasons.

Hope it picks up for you.
06-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the love, mrkgoo! There are certainly a lot of things that we like about the game and think that it makes sense for us to continue supporting the title, although future development is up in the air for right now. We're toying with a reduced price, but aren't sure how that will work. Stay tuned for updates!
06-22-2010, 05:58 PM
I'd say most important part is to enforce the rules. I've played close to a hundred games of Twilight Struggle for instance on wargameroom which enforces the rules but couldn't imagine playing it on vassal which doesn't.

I also missed the sale of $2 since I was waiting to see which ones it enforced. Most likely will pick up if it goes back on sale though.
06-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Who knew that Chillingo would publish board games too right? This app is slick as hell and it's a instant download for me. While it's something nice to play with your friends, cpu player is needed without a doubt. Just like what is being requested by most iTunes reviewer!

Bring me my AI!

Nexx Studio - iOS Games Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!