★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: AptoTech
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.7 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Jump, an intensive, addictive and engrossing jumping game has landed on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Your goal is to assist our wide-eyed, orange protagonist in an effort to jump as high as possible on large purple blocks that are falling from the sky. With its intuitive controls and smooth gameplay, Jump is easy to learn, but difficult to master -- do you think you're up for the challenge?? Put your skills to the test as you try to beat your own highscore and those of your friends!

-------------------------

Jump! has just received a MASSIVE update! We have re-written it from the ground up to vastly improve performance, offer stunning HD graphics and GameCenter compatibility! This update includes:

A festive Christmas theme
HD graphics
Vastly improved performance
GameCenter compatibility

Got any ideas that you think should make it into a future version? Email us at: contactus@aptotech.com, or visit our website at: www.aptotech.com and tell us!

Features:

The higher you jump, the higher your score, but BEWARE, failure to keep up with the falling blocks results in a nasty meeting with deadly spikes, and the end of the game.
As you progress higher and higher, the blocks become smaller and fall faster.
Three different control types to choose from - flick, tap or tilt, which will you choose??
Four different power-ups: double score, higher, smaller and larger, add variety and re-playability to the game.
Four characters to play as (two that are already unlocked, and two that require high scores to obtain): male, female, NINJA and ROBOT!!
OpenFeint or GameCenter provides online leader-boards, achievements and social network integration!

Not ready to take the plunge and purchase the full version? There is a lite version with the same addictive gameplay, but less features that allows you to dip your toes in the water before you realise that you NEED all the other great features of the full version.

Visit our website: www.aptotech.com

Watch the trailer on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/aptotech

AptoTech's comments:
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let everyone know about my first app (I'm only 15)!

Jump, an intensive, addictive and engrossing jumping game has just landed on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Your goal is to assist our wide-eyed, orange protagonist in an effort to jump as high as possible on large purple blocks that are falling from the sky. With its intuitive controls and smooth gameplay, Jump is easy to learn, but difficult to master -- do you think you're up for the challenge?? Put your skills to the test as you try to beat your own highscore and those of your friends!

Features:

✔ The higher you jump, the higher your score, but BEWARE, failure to keep up with the falling blocks results in a nasty meeting with deadly red spikes, and the end of the game.
✔ As you progress higher and higher, the blocks become smaller and fall faster.
✔ Three different control types to choose from - flick, tap or tilt, which will you choose??
✔ Four different power-ups: double score, higher, smaller and larger, add variety and re-playability to the game.
✔ Four characters to play as (two that are already unlocked, and two that require high scores to obtain): male, female, NINJA and ROBOT!!
✔ OpenFeint provides online leader-boards, achievements and social network integration!

Not ready to take the plunge and purchase the full version? There is a lite version with the same addictive gameplay, but less features that allows you to dip your toes in the water before you realise that you NEED all the other great features of the full version.

Click here to check it out!
06-04-2010, 12:54 PM

06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Congrats on the realse and good luck in the app store!
06-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Congrats on your release.
Downloaded right away. Still very buggy. Crashing and freezing a lot.
Got a 3GS, 16GB, latest firmware. But already got the ninja, cute

EDIT:
Other bugs:
-I cannot access Open Feint from the menu, buttons are not working
-special abilities are staying (appearing and disappearing) even in later games
-power ups are freezing on the screen

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

Last edited by your personal robot; 06-04-2010 at 01:11 PM.
06-05-2010, 03:18 AM
Hi your personal robot,
Having been confused by your earlier post (as the beta build returned no problems whatsoever and ran very smoothly), I bought my own copy from the App Store. I have experienced no crashes or any buttons that do not work, but I do agree that it does not run smoothly at all (the power-ups are supposed to last for a set period of time and then stop, if that is what you were referring to in your post about 'abilities staying'). I then tested it on the iPad, and found that it ran as smoothly as it had in the pre-release tests, leading me to think that the problems must be memory related (the iPad has a far larger memory than the iPhone/iPod touch).

I am sorry that my game is not as I intended it to be, and I promise to get an optimisation update out as soon as my life will allow (got exams coming up :S). If you have an iPad, try downloading it onto there and see what it is supposed to play like .

Thanks for your feedback