★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Bergark!!! is the most addictive and most funny jumping game for the iPhone and iPod touch. By tilting your device ever so slightly left and right you guide your chicken onto a range of platforms. Jumping your way high up into the sky. Avoid birds, foxes, weasels, poison, the deep fryer and the evil chef, pick up eggs, golden eggs and rocket juice along the way.

Bergark!!! has a completely random design which means no 2 games are the same. Great replay value.

PLATFORMS:
Nest - Average Jump
Moving Feathers - Don't miss them
Egg Carton - One jump only
Springy Egg Cups - For extra height
Short - Harder to hit

COLLECTABLES:
Egg - Adds to score
Golden Egg - Starts Mega Bergark Mode
Rocket Juice - Fly high hilariously
Poison - Avoid if you can

ENEMIES:
7 different types with unique sounds and movement patterns.
Black Penguin - Jump on to destroy.
Blue Penguin - Jump on to destroy.
Mr Fox - Jump on to destroy.
The Giant Chick - Jump on to destroy.
The Crow - Jump on to destroy.
The Weasel - Jump on to destroy.
Evil Chef - Jump on to destroy.
Deep Fryer - Avoid at all cost

PAUSE:
Tap the screen to pause. Limited to 5 per game.

OPENFEINT:
Sign up to openfeint and receive achievements for defeating enemies and collecting collectables. Post your score and achievements to facebook or twitter.

HOW TO PLAY:
Tilt left and right to control the chicken. Tap to pause. Try not to fall off the screen.

Webtopia is the trading name for Poulet Maison Pty Ltd

Webtopia's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

█ Bergark!!! is the latest addictive jumping game for the iPhone and iPod touch. By tilting your device ever so slightly left and right you guide your chicken onto a range of platforms. Jumping your way high up into the sky. Avoid birds, foxes, weasels, poison, the deep fryer and the evil chef, pick up eggs, golden eggs and rocket juice along the way.

Bergark!!! has a completely random design which means no 2 games are the same. Great replay value.

────────────────

PLATFORMS:
Nest - Average Jump
Moving Feathers - Don't miss them
Egg Carton - One jump only
Springy Egg Cups - For extra height
Short - Harder to hit

COLLECTABLES:
Egg - Adds to score
Golden Egg - Starts Mega Bergark Mode
Rocket Juice - Fly high hilariously
Poison - Avoid if you can

ENEMIES:
7 different types with unique sounds and movement patterns.
Black Penguin - Jump on to destroy.
Blue Penguin - Jump on to destroy.
Mr Fox - Jump on to destroy.
The Giant Chick - Jump on to destroy.
The Crow - Jump on to destroy.
The Weasel - Jump on to destroy.
Evil Chef - Jump on to destroy.
Deep Fryer - Avoid at all cost

PAUSE:
Tap the screen to pause. Limited to 5 per game.

OPENFEINT:
Sign up to openfeint and receive achievements for defeating enemies and collecting collectables. Post your score and achievements to facebook or twitter.

HOW TO PLAY:
Tilt left and right to control the chicken. Tap to pause. Try not to fall off the screen.
06-05-2010, 10:06 PM

06-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Looks like a standard Doodle Jump clone. Considering how much content Doodle Jump already offers and how quickly more gets added I don't think this'll stand a chance.

Also for some reason it shows in the strategy section of the App Store too. It has no business being there.

Last edited by KDR_11k; 06-06-2010 at 05:10 AM.
06-07-2010, 06:31 AM
I believe this cartoon style app is funnier than doodle jump. Doodle jump is similar to papi jump which in turn is similar to a flash game which was no doubt influenced by any number of other games developed over the years.

I noticed an app that was briefly on the store called Doodle Jumper http://topappcharts.com/362278801/ap...dle-jumper.php now that's a clone.

Bergark!!! not really a clone. A different style of game on a similar platform. Like Duke Nukem 3D and Halo are similar, but obviously different.

Phew! Now that we've got that clarified I hope you check it out. It's a lot of fun. :-)

Developers get to choose two games categories, the first was Action the second I didn't think mattered. But I've moved the second to kids since I agree strategy is inappropriate.
06-07-2010, 06:33 AM
As long as it isn't like Hell Jump, it'll be OK.

Invaders Must Die.
06-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Some developers are using sample code from tweejump. It's readily available. You can spot them because they have the same score font and basic style. Helljump appears to be one of these.

There is virtually no game play, no enemies, you just collect coins or whatever.

Bergark!!! is NOT like tweejump, helljump etc.

Hopefully I can get some video up soon of the game in action so people can judge for themselves.
06-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Send a message via MSN to LonERecoN
How often will this game get updated?

iOS Developer
Star Shooter
Star Shooter: HD
Follow me: @MattGibbard
06-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webtopia View Post
Some developers are using sample code from tweejump. It's readily available. You can spot them because they have the same score font and basic style. Helljump appears to be one of these.

There is virtually no game play, no enemies, you just collect coins or whatever.

Bergark!!! is NOT like tweejump, helljump etc.

Hopefully I can get some video up soon of the game in action so people can judge for themselves.

Nice one friend, good to hear! Best of luck to you. It does look hilarious.

Invaders Must Die.
06-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
As long as it isn't like Hell Jump, it'll be OK.
Yeah think we both got burnt by hell jump
But I did take a risk on this and it ain't bad at all it has nice graphics and sounds and also has online leaderboards

This doesn't do anything new or different to alot of other jump games but that said if you are looking for another game in that genere you could do far worse than picking this up
06-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Send a message via ICQ to conrem Send a message via MSN to conrem Send a message via Yahoo to conrem Send a message via Skype™ to conrem
good luck with it.

also, check out your PM please