★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Jack or 100 Ways to Barbecue - Chillingo LTD 2D Platformer

02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Jack or 100 Ways to Barbecue - Chillingo LTD 2D Platformer

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304349751&mt=8

A new 2D Platformer being released by Chillingo. The company has been on a role recently, does anyone have any information on this game? .99 cents is a pretty nice price.
02-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Meh, looks okay. Nothing I would get.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread

02-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Is this any good?

It doesn't have many reviews in the iTunes store. I remeber thinking about picking it up a little while ago, if the price dropped.

I just don't want to waste money on a crap game when I could buy a quality game.
02-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey! I got a promo code for that game! Where the hell is that guy with my new iPod?!
02-23-2009, 11:01 PM
This game turned up on the Windows Mobile and Palm platforms a couple of years back. Indus3 have been doing mobile development for a while now so they've got a pretty good handle on things. Jack is a decent little platformer highly remeniscent of classic games like Montezuma's Revenge and Rick Dangerous. (That alone should send at least a few retro gamers running to the App Store.) I was never particularly enthused by the graphics, but they're respectable, and the gameplay is okay, if a bit generic. I'd probably give it a solid 7/10.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
02-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Got a promo code for this a while back. It wasn't for me, was soon deleted from my game pages. Not recommended

Games Playing: Kids & Zombies, Infinity Gene, Q*bert, Resident Evil, Peggle, PacMan Remix
Listening to: Devin The Dude/ Waitin' to Inhale
02-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
This game turned up on the Windows Mobile and Palm platforms a couple of years back. Indus3 have been doing mobile development for a while now so they've got a pretty good handle on things. Jack is a decent little platformer highly remeniscent of classic games like Montezuma's Revenge and Rick Dangerous. (That alone should send at least a few retro gamers running to the App Store.) I was never particularly enthused by the graphics, but they're respectable, and the gameplay is okay, if a bit generic. I'd probably give it a solid 7/10.
Thanks for the info Mindfield. Sounds like I am going to sit on this titer-toter about purchasing a bit longer.