★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Oh Lawd, 14 Hours of Economy Class Travel

02-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh Lawd, 14 Hours of Economy Class Travel

So, I'm going to be on a plane for 14 hours over the next 3 days, any recommendations for games to fill up that time? Preferably, they would be games I could play for a few hours, not something like PapiJump or a racing game that would just be repetitive. I bought iDracula and GeoDefense for the ride, but in case they don't tide me over, any other ideas for how to keep my mind off being squished in a B seat between fat smelly people? If you were going to be hopelessly confined to an uncomfortable seat for hours at a time, which of your games would you rely on to survive?

(Also, games that aren't battery intensive are a plus)
02-23-2009, 09:39 PM
I doubt your ipod is going to make it past 2 hours if gaming - any ideas if you'll have access to a plug?

If not, I suggest trying something with better battery life.

To answer your question:

The Creeps (a must for $0.99)

Warfare Inc. - A great RTS that should fill up hours of endless play (make sure you download the user packs before you get on the place, unless you have access to wifi).

Real Soccer 09' - If you are into that sort of thing

7 Cities

HeavyMach - $0.99, a fun Metal Slug type of game

CuBert is fun to pass the time, and $0.99

LED Football (1 or 2) are great. $0.99 each

Last edited by soccerstud652; 02-23-2009 at 09:42 PM.

02-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
BUY ZOMBIEVILLE USA NOWWWWWWWWWWW! It needs a stability update PRONTO, but it's superb fun. You'll thank me later.

Oh, and I just saw what the guy posted about battery life; buy a battery pack, or 4.
02-23-2009, 09:40 PM
*sigh*

Just get puzzlequest. With chapter 2, it will last you 40+ hours. If battery life is a factor, then just buy a portable charger for it.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Hero of Sparta is fun to get into or BIA... great graphics to show off, great storylines, and they're mission based so you'll want to beat them!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
02-23-2009, 09:42 PM
-Monopoly
-a word game (Moxie?)
-Lux DLX
-Blocked
-Enigmo
02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
If you go by singapore airlines' new airbus planes, they have a USB slot that might let you recharge. Don't know if they work though, I plan to test it next time I go overseas.

.. or you could sleep.

any updates on the games I'm working on : www.twitter.com/jormy
02-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun View Post
If you go by singapore airlines' new airbus planes, they have a USB slot that might let you recharge. Don't know if they work though, I plan to test it next time I go overseas.

.. or you could sleep.
Or read...exercise your mind.
02-23-2009, 09:58 PM
The Quest, $5.99, is not that great on the battery but will last you more than the entire flight (over 40 hours of gameplay)

It even has a game of cards you can play a inns to take a break from the rest of the game.

For not battery intensive, I would take Arvale. It has about 20 hours of gameplay with very good story that will keep you playing till the end.

Arvale just got an update that improves the user interface, as well.
02-23-2009, 09:58 PM
read SkyMall and do what i do:

Play the game where you have to pick only ONE item off each page... it's fun because you end up picking like the sweetest bathrobe or the best lawn ornament out as well as the cool gadgets... so that will last about an hour, maybe longer if you're drinking, then you can pass out which is fun

Plus+ ID: Wegmans