★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Defend the USA against the Blob Invasion! Aliens have invaded post-war America and are bouncing their way across the country, laying waste to everything they touch! Its up to you to stop them before its too late and the world is assimilated into the Blob hive mind!

REVIEWS:
Dualshockers: It is going to take a creative mind to defeat this threat as the player must create unique weaponry and defend against multiplying blobs that spawn in a seemingly endless manner from strategic angles.

Protect four different regions with machine gun nests, tanks, howitzers, and snipers. Build Secret Weapons that stop the aliens in their tracks! Defend against multiple spawn points in challenging scenarios. The alien menace will try to bounce through your defenses, splitting into multiple small, but just as deadly, alien Blobs. Stop them at all cost by building elaborate mazes and utilizing the full force of the US Army!

Features:
-Four maps in locations across the USA with extensive replay value!
-Enemies that split as they are killed into as many as 9 smaller enemies!
-Variety of defensive units such as machine gun nests and howitzers!
-Obstacles to slow enemy movements!
-Movable units such as tanks and snipers that can be repositioned between turns!
-New "Secret Weapon" that dissolves enemies instantly!

Last Front: Blob Invasion is an advanced tower defense game that gives the player a new kind of challenge as they build unique units to defend against relentless, multiplying enemies. Download it now for your iPhone or iPod Touch!
06-07-2010, 11:44 AM
hahaha, i like the idea. last front was one of the better td's on the platform so i'll be getting this for sure even if the content seems to be a bit on the light side. the price makes up for that though.

06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
is this tower defense?

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
06-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Ummm read the description... DUH!!!!!!!!! lol ja...

-The Infinity Project-A Highly Rated FPS for iPhone & iPod Touch by Crazy Robot Games-
Also Check out the Amazing Necromancer Rising!!!
06-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Last Front: Europe videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/plowgames
06-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Anyone give this game a shot yet?
06-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFed View Post
Anyone give this game a shot yet?
i will get this before going to bed so i can't help you there right now but if the game is anything like its big brother this will be absolutely worth the buck. just visit the channel that davemc99 posted. there are different vids of last front: europe online which should give you an appropriate view of the gameplay.
06-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Its a cool looking defense game
the only thing i didnt like the monsters
anything else really well made
i think the devs were to lazy to crate normal monsters so they made some alien blobs lol
06-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Last Front Europe is one of my favorite all time iphone games so I'll get this to support these guys. But, my favorite part of the first game was the realism in the first one. This one looks a tad different but I'll give it a go. If you haven't already, go get Last Front Europe!
06-07-2010, 07:57 PM
For those wondering about the use of the simple looking blob as a monster...it is a classic sci-fi monster...you can read more about it here if you'd like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.