★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The more downloads we get, the more levels we can make. Tell your friends!

#5 Paid App in the UK - Thank you!

If you are running iOS 2.x, to be able to load Miner Disturbance you will need to upgrade the software running on your device.

"Featured by Apple in 148 countries NEW and Noteworthy + What's Hot + What We're Playing!"

"Miner Disturbance' One HOT Puzzle-Platformer: Very rarely, an absolute gem flies under our radar. Miner Disturbance is a terrific action-packed puzzle platformer that should keep you entertained for hours as you pick your way through devilishly concocted mineshafts" - TouchArcade

"Keep digging and you'll unearth a gem of a game. Miner Disturbance ensures that, once again, the mining industry has proud video game representation." - Pocketgamer

"Miner Disturbance features one of the best onscreen touch-based joysticks in an iPhone game." - Gamezebo

TIP: Press and hold the dig button before moving into a direction for the best digging experience!

TIP: OpenFeint needs to be manually switched on if you want to use it. Simply connect to it before you go for a massive HighScore!

Dive into the menacing depths in this NEW, addictive, fun version of the hit Jagex PC game. A must have!

Watch out for monsters, spikes, spiders and other sinister critters (moles!) as you explore the dingy depths of 30 challenging levels.

Download TODAY and compete for a place in the global highscores deep within the ultra-competitive, randomly-generated Volcano and earn an array of awesome Achievements - which you can now show off via OpenFeint!

In Miner Disturbance, you'll...

Conquer 25 levels of mining mayhem!
Compete for global recognition in the randomly-generated Volcano!
Earn Achievements galore to show off on Facebook and Twitter!
Excavate amazing artefacts to admire in the in-game museum!
Enjoy awesome NEW graphics and a catchy, top-quality soundtrack!

Also available from Jagex Games Studio:

StarCannon - hours of shoot 'em up fun
Bouncedown - how long can you survive?

Visit us at www.jagex.com and follow us on Twitter: JagexMobile

Gabrien's comments:
Super little game. Highly recommended:

06-08-2010, 02:25 AM
I always sit up when you make a game thread. Toy Physics and Stick Golf are excellent casual games and this looks to be one too. Since I loved California Gold Rush I'm going to pick this up.

06-08-2010, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
I always sit up when you make a game thread. Toy Physics and Stick Golf are excellent casual games and this looks to be one too. Since I loved California Gold Rush I'm going to pick this up.
Same here. Gabrien has become a really useful member of TA You do a nice job too Squeaker.

The game looks aces and I'll be checking it out soon.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
06-08-2010, 02:30 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazuli
Jagex generally can be trusted to make a quality game, il download this later today.

GC:oPalermo
06-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Or you can play it online.

http://games.jagex.com/g=minerdisturbance/play.ws

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
06-08-2010, 03:03 AM
The iPhone one's leagues above the online one, they're pretty different games, absolutely loving it!
06-08-2010, 03:04 AM
Shucks, I'm not sure I've been a useful member of anything before. Thank you both to Rich and Squeaker.

This is one of those games that was a complete surprise and an utter delight in one, from the first few moments of playing. Then I discovered there also appear to be layers of depth as well.

There are some videos of the PC version on YouTube, but to be honest I don't think they do this game justice. It clearly has been lavished with polish and graphical enhancements for its iPhone release, which on top of the already solid gameplay makes for a real winner from what I've experienced so far.
06-08-2010, 04:19 AM
Oh my God.... This looks like Miner Dig Deep (Indie Xbox Live game)... I'm going to do a bit more research before downloading, but if it plays the same, with similar goals, downloading ASAP.

Edit: posted too fast to realize what the game was really about :\ Oh well, still looking into it

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
06-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Graphics remind me a little bit of Torchlight
"Mean Green Mole" - like it!

looks interesting! keep it on my radar.

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -
06-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Tried this game a while back and loved it. Is the iPhone game better or different?