★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Getting a review on the TouchArcade Site

06-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Getting a review on the TouchArcade Site

Hi. I'm the developer of Pinch.

Our game has been out for a while now, and I've been trying to get in touch with the creators of the site since then. I've been sending emails to tips@toucharcade.com, sending promocodes, offers to preview unreleased updates etc. with no reply. Meanwhile I see plenty of more recently released games get reviews very quickly.

I understand that they can't review every game they recieve, but I was just wondering if there's anything else I can to do to at least get a response, if not a review?

Thanks.

Paul Crabb
Partner/Designer
COATSINK Software
06-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Send a message via ICQ to conrem Send a message via MSN to conrem Send a message via Yahoo to conrem Send a message via Skype™ to conrem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroth View Post
Hi. I'm the developer of Pinch.

Our game has been out for a while now, and I've been trying to get in touch with the creators of the site since then. I've been sending emails to tips@toucharcade.com, sending promocodes, offers to preview unreleased updates etc. with no reply. Meanwhile I see plenty of more recently released games get reviews very quickly.

I understand that they can't review every game they recieve, but I was just wondering if there's anything else I can to do to at least get a response, if not a review?

Thanks.
get an ad there, only this will help you to see an app on TA

06-08-2010, 07:34 AM
They only pick something up if they think it is interesting & fun to TA readers. Try getting someone to do a user review.
06-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to AnthonyL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondae View Post
They only pick something up if they think it is interesting & fun to TA readers. Try getting someone to do a user review.

I wish I knew, the key seems to start early and getting your maketing/things together before release, releasing beta's before hand maybe?

pinch seems like a fun game though I'd buy a copy today but I'm seriously broke (to the point of overdrafting :/ ) but I put buying it on my todo list for friday though

you may also want to make a different video, the changing scenes in the other post makes it really hard to understand..

also for a user review a friend of mine is really into puzzle games on her ipod, if you still have any promo codes left I can send it to her and see if she'd be into writing up a review
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
I'll have a look at TouchArcade's advertising opportunities, though we recently spent 400 quid on an advert elsewhere that made virtually no impact to our sales. That's not to say we won't do any more advertising, but we're going to be a lot more careful in future.

A user review sounds like a good idea. AnthonyL, who's your friend?

btw, we made several videos. Which one were you referring to, Anthony?

Thanks for your feedback so far folks.

Paul Crabb
Partner/Designer
COATSINK Software
06-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroth View Post
I'll have a look at TouchArcade's advertising opportunities, though we recently spent 400 quid on an advert elsewhere that made virtually no impact to our sales. That's not to say we won't do any more advertising, but we're going to be a lot more careful in future.

A user review sounds like a good idea. AnthonyL, who's your friend?

btw, we made several videos. Which one were you referring to, Anthony?

Thanks for your feedback so far folks.
the video here, http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=54759

my friends not a real TA user, but is a great writer!

edit: also I only really checked the top video .. it turns out theres many more! sorry about that I'm at work right now can't gawk to long at game videos :-p
06-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyL View Post
I wish I knew, the key seems to start early and getting your maketing/things together before release, releasing beta's before hand maybe?

pinch seems like a fun game though I'd buy a copy today but I'm seriously broke (to the point of overdrafting :/ ) but I put buying it on my todo list for friday though

you may also want to make a different video, the changing scenes in the other post makes it really hard to understand..

also for a user review a friend of mine is really into puzzle games on her ipod, if you still have any promo codes left I can send it to her and see if she'd be into writing up a review
Ya. I only have enough for SQH.
06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondae View Post
Ya. I only have enough for SQH.
SQH? super quick hook?
06-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrem View Post
get an ad there, only this will help you to see an app on TA
Not true. "Dave" was featured 3 weeks after release once one of their writers had a look at it. I didn't advertise and I didn't even solicit him to look, although I had contacted the site several times before.

Dave was one of the top games before TA even noticed it so it's never too late either. TA has a ton of requests so even if your game would interest them it is possible they have simply overlooked it.
06-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
Not true. "Dave" was featured 3 weeks after release once one of their writers had a look at it. I didn't advertise and I didn't even solicit him to look, although I had contacted the site several times before.

Dave was one of the top games before TA even noticed it so it's never too late either. TA has a ton of requests so even if your game would interest them it is possible they have simply overlooked it.
Yeah, the original poster was pretty cynical. For another bit of evidence, no one at TA has ever responed to any of my many requests for reviews and I also did have a banner ad for Super Juicy for a while.

I chalk it up to the number of requests they get. Another site (TouchGen) liked the game so much it got mentioned as a best of 2009 and Apple has featured the game for almost 8 weeks straight on ipad now.

"when he eats three poops and becomes muscle bound, that was worth the .99 right there." -Super Fly!
Tetris and Bubble Wrap had a baby and named it Super Juicy!
TouchGen Best of 2009 Finalist! 5/5 Best of 2009