★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 2n Productions
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 15.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Want to see more themes? Share the Madness with your friends and family! With your support, we can continue making more fun themes!

Simple to pick up 'n play, challenging to master, even harder to put down!

Now anyone can be in the Zone; just tap to shoot. The faster you tap, the more you shoot. To score, just make sure you're lined up with the basket!

Hoops Madness VS is our iPad only version of the game. It brings to you sweet head-to-head game play! Think you got the stuff of champions? Prove it by going one-on-one with a friend!

Sweet swishes, taunting in 'n outs, and brutal brick shots will make you feel like you're on a real court.

YouTube video trailer is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXB_I8Szo-o

FEATURES INCLUDE:

* Seriously addicting game play!

* Different balls (Money, Power, Atom) to get you that higher score

* VS mode! Go one-on-one with a friend!

* 2 Shooting Modes (Arcade Tap and Flick)

* Timed and Endurance Mode

* Player stats and daily, weekly, and all-time leaderboards!

* Live score ticker feeds that shows you the latest scores other people have submitted

* Facebook and Openfeint support

goiMot's comments:

06-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Picking this one up now

06-08-2010, 09:22 AM
If I do not plan on playing the 2-player mode, should I just pick up the iPhone version? Does this bring anything to the table besides VS mode?

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive
06-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
If I do not plan on playing the 2-player mode, should I just pick up the iPhone version? Does this bring anything to the table besides VS mode?
High res graphics & flick mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Picking this one up now
Thanks!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
High res graphics & flick mode.
As drelbs said, better graphics and Flick mode is available as an unlockable in the iPad version.

Flick mode in Hoops Madness for the iPhone is an in-app purchase.

Poke on over to our blog @lumpyspad.blogspot.com!
Have a Poketastic time with QuitIt!
Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
06-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Opps, replied in the other thread! And apparently I'm a bit slow this morning ... cuz I re-replied what the Hermantor said !

You also never know ... you may find you'll start to play VS with other people !

06-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Looks really good and I am glad that it is out. I will pick it up later.
06-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Looks really good and I am glad that it is out. I will pick it up later.
Awesome, thanks! Let me know what you think about VS.

Poke on over to our blog @lumpyspad.blogspot.com!
Have a Poketastic time with QuitIt!
06-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Okay I picked this up and it is fantastic. This game works better on the big screen and the gameplay is perfect.

One concern is the high score table. Is there a reason for letting players have more than one spot on the leaderboard? I mean if someone is a great player they are going to occupy huge chunks of leader board space and no one really wants to wade through that. The leader board should only show a players best score. If I can score 3000 points, it is assumed that I would score every thing below that. There really is no reason to show fifty scores by one person.
My opinion.
06-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Okay I picked this up and it is fantastic. This game works better on the big screen and the gameplay is perfect.

One concern is the high score table. Is there a reason for letting players have more than one spot on the leaderboard? I mean if someone is a great player they are going to occupy huge chunks of leader board space and no one really wants to wade through that. The leader board should only show a players best score. If I can score 3000 points, it is assumed that I would score every thing below that. There really is no reason to show fifty scores by one person.
My opinion.

I agree and just as I am about to buy it, this almost (I said almost) makes me not want to. These types of leaderboards make a game seem low quality which I know this one is not. Please update this asap with openfeint, Plus+, Agon ...etc , or your own quality leaderboards. I am very surprised and dispointed by this since I am the leaderboard freak on TA