★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pharos IV: Assault

02-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Pharos IV: Assault

Pharos IV: Assault
Pharos IV: Assault Lite

This game has a nice look to it. I like the description of the game. Thankfully there is a lite version. Plus the full version is only $1 if it turns out to be pretty decent.

Quote:
You might be fresh out of SpaceFleet Academy but it doesn't mean you don't have the ability to take on the Enemy. You've been posted to a remote starbase that is down to its last fighter.

Your mission: defend the starbase at all costs against all comers. Enemy fighters and destroyers relentlessly attempt to eliminate you and your starbase - but your superior technology and skill might be able to prevail. Refuel in the treacherous neighboring nebula - but watch out for wandering asteroids! Good Luck!

Full 3D action, beautiful graphics and a grooving soundtrack combine to make Pharos IV: Assault a fun and and exciting gameplay experience for all ages.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 02-26-2009 at 01:56 AM.
02-24-2009, 12:03 AM
looks sweet, and 3d too!

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades

02-24-2009, 12:15 AM
This looks nice!
I'm definitely trying the lite version.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
02-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Just got it for 99cents. A very good deal. I like the great graphics and smooth gameplay. Controlled really nice. Played around with the first few levels. Very polished. I have only one question. How do I pause the game? It seems that the only way to get back to the main menu once you start is to die first. Overall, I think its one of the best space combat games out there so far.

Last edited by gus1; 02-24-2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: miss-spelled
02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
This looks nice!
I'm definitely trying the lite version.
Oh wow! Thanks for the edit to my initial post. That is way better. I am going to have to learn how to do that on my own.
02-24-2009, 01:18 AM
I saw this game two hours ago and wrote a little (german) review for it. So far, the graphics are perfect. This game shows, that real 3D space simulations should be no problem. However, I do not like the controls, especially the shooting buttons on the top edges and I wish the weapons would connect to a target for a short time and the lasers would follow this connection, because the accelerometor control used has no neutral position or "zero point". Other games offer a neutral point where the game does not move the cursor. Besides that, it's really great. Of course it does not offer a real storyline, like most of the iPhone games do not, but it's definitely a step into the right direction to a "real" 3D space shooter.

Privateer? Pleeeeeeease

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
02-24-2009, 02:05 AM
I gave the trial a go and I like it, twitchy flight controls but in a way I like that.

Combat seems to just be flying at the enemy and shooting though, am I missing something apart from using the boost or just flying about?

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
02-24-2009, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablohead View Post
I gave the trial a go and I like it, twitchy flight controls but in a way I like that.
Changing the sensitivity seemed to help with the twitchiness.

Is there a way to powerup/restore life? Or is damage "permanent"?

I agree that the fire controls could use enlargement, but the positioning in the corners help you find the fire button without looking for it.

Maybe a quick, one-time tutorial at the beginning of the game to help with all the ship controls?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of enemy AI, so no "dogfighting", just put your nose at the enemies, wait for range & fire.

Twitter:adin Openfeint:adinb Plus+:adinb Gamecenter:adinadin crystal:adinb
02-24-2009, 05:10 AM
After setting the sensitivity to a lower value it was better.

Does anyone know what the top left weapon does? It seems, that in the lite version only the top right button works. Or I'm just missing something .

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

Last edited by Oliver; 02-24-2009 at 06:25 AM.
02-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Looks cool, downloading the lite version now.