★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***Only 4 days left before this app is gone from the iTunes FOREVER.***
This is your last chance to get this game!!!

The third in the series of Big Blue Bubble's digital recreations of interactive RPG books by Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone is finally available on iTunes.

The Citadel holds a dark and dangerous peril for anyone foolhardy enough to venture through its gruesome gates. And yet venture you must for your mission lies at the heart of the Citadel, with the dread sorcerer, Balthus Dire!

Part story, part game, this is an app with a difference one in which you become the hero! An iPhone or an iPod Touch are all you need to make you journey. YOU decide which route to take, which creatures to fight and which dangers to risk.

Features
Tap the on screen buttons to flip pages (No papercuts!)
Shake to roll the 3D dice using the accelerometer
Inventory items selectable via touch-screen
Game-save feature allows you to retrace your steps
Beautifully painted illustrations
A scrolling image gallery where you can view the in-game artwork you've unlocked.
Universal app iPad support

Remember to check iTunes for other Fighting Fantasy gamebooks!

-The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
-Deathtrap Dungeon
-Creatue of Havok (Coming Soon)
-City of Thieves (Coming Soon)
06-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Sweet! Instabuy!

06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh, this was the other one I have the actual book of, but I might buy it anyway since it's much easier to play on my iPod. The magic system is a pretty cool addition to the series. Can't say much about the story or events since I didn't get too far, but it's a good book.
06-08-2010, 05:45 PM
This is a great month for Gamebook fans!

Insta-buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I can't believe I missed this when it was relesed. What a month for gamebook fans!
07-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't know if anyone has played this at all but I seem to have encountered a bug close to the beginning. There's a bit with a Tall Man and Short Man arguing over the price of a dagger. If I end up in a fight against the Tall Man, it doesn't seem to recognise my victory and won't let me proceed. Anyone else have this happen?
07-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
I don't know if anyone has played this at all but I seem to have encountered a bug close to the beginning. There's a bit with a Tall Man and Short Man arguing over the price of a dagger. If I end up in a fight against the Tall Man, it doesn't seem to recognise my victory and won't let me proceed. Anyone else have this happen?
I havn't played this particular book, but I know in the iPod version of Deathtrap Dungeon, pre-update it wouldn't recognize that I had an item that made me heat-resistant, and therefore wouldn't let me proceed along a certain path that required said item. It sounds like everyone has had some sort of issue with one book or another before it was updated. This'll probably be updated shortly, and that issue most likely fixed.