Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-08-2010, 08:11 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Seaglass HD (Planet Puzzle League clone)

Youtube link | Pop Up

I got a promo code for this game, and I must say that it plays quite well. It currently has 2 game modes - challenge and marathon. There is only 1 skin, but the video shows that there are multiple ones that are on the way, which will be a nice addition. There is also a mode for local (bluetooth??) 2 player mode -as one of the screens is for synching. I did not try this out.

Game plays much like Tetris Attack / Planet puzzle league whereby the matching is done by moving blocks horizontally. No vertical moves allowed unless the block can fall. Gameplay is very smooth, with no misses for me. One thing that I REALLY like is that you can swipe up on the screen to get more blocks showing for larger combos, and you can move the blocks past the top of the screen for a short time before it is game over. This adds whole new dimensions to combos, and also you don't have cheap deaths by not accurately noting when the top block touches the top of the screen.

Cons - very few for purists - I love the matching genres, and so power ups are always a nice addition just to have super mega combos, and huge scores. There is online scoring, but it uses its own - one more thing to sign up for... Lastly - only one skin with the screen saying more coming soon - so it has a slight feel of getting the app out the door with promised updates, rather than having the app being finished. However, all relatively minor points.

Overall, a well done Tetris Attack, Planet Puzzle League type game with some nice features. Some nice things are planned (although not yet implemented). If you like those type of matching games, this is a really nice one. I just don't have knowledge of the track record of this developer and promises to deliver the further content, but he seems genuine and interested in my short communications with them. Give it a look.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 PM

I like this game but have two points that would be cool if they were addressed if the developer is interested:
1. I'd like different music, the music already there is eh....
2. It would be really cool if either the blocks would start to fall down quicker or if new blocks were added in to make things more challenging in the marathon mode.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:59 PM

Looks great I loVe PPL, Tetris Attack all versions of the game. This one looks cool. I would love to play it.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefanjr View Post
Looks great I loVe PPL, Tetris Attack all versions of the game. This one looks cool. I would love to play it.
It really is worth a look!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:02 PM

Is there is a demo?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefanjr View Post
Is there is a demo?
no...but if you have an iPhone/iPod you can buy the same game for 99 cents!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:32 PM

Ya I see. Hummmmmm confusing