★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Paulson Apps
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 22.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: LITE VERSION

****** THIS IS A DEMO FOR THE FULL VERSION, Only 3 Levels*******

PlanetOne, the 2D Platform game that was inspired by the early great plumber and hedgehog games. You must take the little blue man through unique levels, while collecting keys in each area to open gates. Your goal is to take back the 'Maya" (The life force of your planet), which was taken from your people. But its not just a walk in the park, there are a bunch of different baddies trying to stop you and you are under the clock. Don't get the "Maya" fast enough and you must try again.

You can choose to play the level on an easy time limit or if your an expert gamer attempt it with the hard time limit. But which ever you choose your fastest time will be remembered so you can also try to beat your own best or your friends best time.

And to make all of your efforts meaningful, PlanetOne uses OpenFeint for its world Leaderboards, so you can see how you rank against all the players, both with your score and your times.

Now this sounds like a great game as is, but there is an added touch with a hidden Gem in each level. If you find these hidden gems you will get OpenFeint Achievement Points. Some gems are easy to find and some will puzzle you on where they could be.

You can be the one to save PlanetOne!

Features:

- The First 3 Levels of the Full Version
- OpenFeint Enabled
- Online highscores
- Achievements to unlock
- Facebook and Twitter integrated
- Easy and Hard time limits

PaulsonApps's comments:

PlanetOne LITE

Bring the Retro 2D Platformer experience to your Iphone. For Free

Play the first 3 Levels of the Full Version for FREE to get your finger tips twitching for more.

Download Now

PlanetOne, the 2D Platform game that was inspired by the early great plumber and hedgehog games. You must take the little blue man through bright unique levels while collecting keys in each area to open gates. Your goal is to take back the 'Maya" (The life force of your planet), which was taken from your people. But its not just a walk in the park, there are a bunch of different baddies trying to stop you and you are under the clock. Don't get the "Maya" fast enough and you must try again.

You can choose to play the level on an easy time limit or if your an expert gamer attempt it with the hard time limit. But which ever you choose your fastest time will be remembered so you can also try to beat your own best or your friends best time.

And to make all of your efforts meaningful, PlanetOne uses OpenFeint for its world Leaderboards, so you can see how you rank against all the players, both with your score and your times.

There is also an added touch with a hidden Gem in each level. If you find these hidden gems you will get OpenFeint Achievement Points. Some gems are easy to find and some will puzzle you on where they could be.

You can be the one to save PlanetOne!

And When Your Ready You can UPGRADE to the FULL VERSION with 22 levels and 4 boss castles.

LITE Features:

- The first 3 areas of the Full version
- OpenFeint Enabled
- Online highscores
- Achievements to unlock
- Facebook and Twitter integrated
- Easy and Hard time limits

06-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Awesome! Been wanting to check this one out.

06-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Really nice job bringing out a demo. Thanks loads.

Invaders Must Die.
06-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Awesome!!! I've been wanting to try this out!

First impressions:

Great game! Classic retro platformer feel to it! However, I think the B button should also be a run button. Like hold down B to run.

Still fun though, and I definitely plan on buying full version!
06-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Awesome!!! I've been wanting to try this out!

First impressions:

Great game! Classic retro platformer feel to it! However, I think the B button should also be a run button. Like hold down B to run.

Still fun though, and I definitely plan on buying full version!
That is a great idea...I am going to look into implementing that into the next release. Thank you so much i never thought about that.

The only issue I can think of right now is that it makes it easier to beat the levels on a hard time limit since you will be able to move faster now. I just may need to update the 'hard' time limits as well.

Download: "PlanetOne - The 2D Platformer Game"
Twitter: @planetonegame
OpenFeint: Paulsondev
06-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Also, I thought about if the B button will also work as a run button it may be easier for the player if the buttons are switched around (I.E, right now it's A then B, but if the B button is also run it may be easier as B then A) Just a thought! Keep the the good work!
06-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Also, I thought about if the B button will also work as a run button it may be easier for the player if the buttons are switched around (I.E, right now it's A then B, but if the B button is also run it may be easier as B then A) Just a thought! Keep the the good work!
I have thought about this and think I might do a run feature a different way. My issue was I want the "B" to be attack and this will mess up when run is implemented with button. The way I was going to do it was if the player is moving in a direction for say 1-2 sec. he will start to move faster. This way if the player is trying to move in a tight area or intricate attacks he can do that very easily, BUT if he is moving across a long straight away he will start to move faster.

I like your suggestion with the run button but when I tested it, the attack was getting to tricky to control. Most people would have been fine but there would have been some who would get frustrated. This is just a characteristic of PlanetOne and on any other game your suggestion would be the right way.

I am going to keep working on making that feature work.

Also Your suggestion about switching the buttons is great. I think I am going to make a setting for choosing your own way the buttons work. This way a player can decide on their own, as people like different things.

06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Sounds good!

Actually how does the attack button work? it seems every time I press B next to an enemy nothing seems to happen. As a matter of fact the only way I seem to be able to kill enemies is by using the shield power-up. I know I must be doing something wrong.

Last edited by ninjackid; 06-10-2010 at 02:40 PM.
06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Sounds good!

Actually how does the attack button work? it seems every time I press B next to an enemy nothing seems to happen. As a matter of fact the only way I seem to be able to kill enemies is by using the shield power-up.
Well in order to attack an enemy you must have the shield power, which means you need the shield orb (orange orb). The blue guy will have an orange band to illustrate you can attack an enemy.

Once you have the shield power you hold 'down' on the d-pad and press attack button. This turns you into attack mode.

If this was not the case you could just hold the attack button down and run through the level killing everything...much too easy.

06-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Ah ok! Very cool then. I was wrong in thinking that you didn't need the power-up. I must've missed something in the tutorial in my eagerness to actually play a level of the game. Thanks!