★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **50% off sale!! Time to put those pennies to good use!!**

Your piggy bank has a mind of its own, and has concocted a mischievous plan to test a widely circulated myth, that of a penny thrown from the top of a skyscraper. Your impressionable mind is coerced into carrying out this experiment.

You prepare yourself for the ultimate test by honing your penny dropping skills on a variety of unsuspecting targets, in a number of challenging environments. Forget about what you have seen on TV, for these are no ordinary pennies.

The first release of this game comes with 50 levels of play across 5 themed environments, and is enhanced with OpenFeint.

prec's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Yeeeessss!!! Love throwing items and spitting from high above, never gets old...ever. Looks great too!

06-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Infact, a great game for any developer with ears open would be one where you and a buddy are throwing dummies from a highway overpass and the object of the game is how many cars you can wreck and carnage you can create. Upgrades could be steroids for throwing power, multiple dumbies at once, progressing to actual cadavers stolen from a med school. Start off in small town, last level could be the 405 in Los Angeles... The dummie should for sure be rag doll style graphics with the rest of the enviroment having more of a real world look. Ok sorry went off there a little.

For right now though I'll get this one soon and make pennies work for me!
06-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Any impressions of this one? The idea sounds cool, but the video isn't selling me.
06-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natron View Post
Infact, a great game for any developer with ears open would be one where you and a buddy are throwing dummies from a highway overpass and the object of the game is how many cars you can wreck and carnage you can create. Upgrades could be steroids for throwing power, multiple dumbies at once, progressing to actual cadavers stolen from a med school. Start off in small town, last level could be the 405 in Los Angeles... The dummie should for sure be rag doll style graphics with the rest of the enviroment having more of a real world look. Ok sorry went off there a little.

For right now though I'll get this one soon and make pennies work for me!
Cool game idea bad practice in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Any impressions of this one? The idea sounds cool, but the video isn't selling me.
I agree I like the premise, though I'm not sure from the vid.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
06-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Cool game idea bad practice in real life.
Bad practice in real life is what qualifies it as a cool game premise!!!
Plus the publicity your game would get for such a concept would make it sell like crack rock circa '87.... Any pub good or outrage always equals sales!

Last edited by Natron; 06-09-2010 at 08:49 AM.
06-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I agree on the video. Watched it once got excited, watched it twice and now I'm on the fence over this one, anyone got the juice to check it out? Spent so much money on crap games this week and it's only Weds... Keep hoping the next day will be the landslide of games I've been waiting for only to get nothing. Hope today is the day
06-15-2010, 04:56 PM
20 promo codes available NOW!

All right you guys, I've got some promo codes for Penny Drop ready to dish out to the next 20 people who send me a message or post in this thread. All I ask in return is that you post an honest review

Thanks for looking!

Dave

#1: BazookaTime
#2: hasio_john
#3: Touchgamer3g
#4: Natron
#5: Darkstar21

Last edited by prec; 06-16-2010 at 12:22 AM.