Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #261  
Old 11-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Haruhi Haruhi is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricGrandpa View Post
I didn't know there was a best logo thread, I'll have to look it up!
It's right here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=73069&
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 11-21-2010, 01:04 PM
spidey spidey is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricGrandpa View Post
Yep I made all the levels myself! Trying to figure out the approximate difficulty of each one is the hardest part I didn't know there was a best logo thread, I'll have to look it up!
It is a mighty good logo. Though I must say I like the trainyard express logo more Like the "Express" slipstream in it.

!! 100th post !!

Last edited by spidey; 11-21-2010 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: update
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 11-22-2010, 05:39 AM
keyser_soze keyser_soze is offline
Junior Member
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpioneer View Post
I checked solutions for the first time after completing Barrel Roll and was surprised to see it was only track count listed.

My journey was only 25 steps. Anyone else have a shorter?
15, and I'm sure I can get it shorter too. For some reason I can't submit tracks unless I'm on wifi. I'll upload it tonight.

Edit: uploaded as http://trainyard.ca/85h6

Last edited by keyser_soze; 11-23-2010 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Added url after uploading
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 11-27-2010, 07:51 PM
alidemedi alidemedi is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Default longest solutions

Hi. I have been playing trainyard and express for some time (not finished yet), submitted some solutions too. Great game, thanks a lot for this game. It really deserves more than 1 dollar.

Now I try to submit a "longest running solution". But as you know it is going to take a few days for very long solutions (like 5M steps) to run completely on the phone. Are you going to do something for this issue? Example: the web page can check if the solution works, by making it run much faster on the server. Actually, if it just solves the given path instead of running it, it should not take more than a few seconds to find if the solution is valid and the number of steps.

Or, can I send my solution to you if you have another ways to do this?
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 11-27-2010, 09:08 PM
ElectricGrandpa's Avatar
ElectricGrandpa ElectricGrandpa is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidemedi View Post
Hi. I have been playing trainyard and express for some time (not finished yet), submitted some solutions too. Great game, thanks a lot for this game. It really deserves more than 1 dollar.

Now I try to submit a "longest running solution". But as you know it is going to take a few days for very long solutions (like 5M steps) to run completely on the phone. Are you going to do something for this issue? Example: the web page can check if the solution works, by making it run much faster on the server. Actually, if it just solves the given path instead of running it, it should not take more than a few seconds to find if the solution is valid and the number of steps.

Or, can I send my solution to you if you have another ways to do this?
Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about this right now. I don't have a program that runs the solutions on the server, however if your press "t" on your keyboard when the solution is playing in the web player, it'll go 100 times faster.

In the next update (hopefully coming before Christmas), I'm going to put in a turbo mode in the game where you can simulate the puzzles up to 100x faster than normal, so that'll make things quicker. Obviously not instantaneous, but fast enough for most people's uses.

-Matt
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 12-04-2010, 02:54 PM
spidey spidey is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 952
Default

I just checked the trainyard site... And i must say i loved the "longest solution" section.

Heck, it gave me an idea of a whole new puzzle mode in the game. Make a really, long, winding, and most importantly OVER-LAPPING route. Objective in this mode should be to figure out which track should be on top to begin with. It gets spectacularly complicated in some of the longest solutions.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 12-04-2010, 04:19 PM
ElectricGrandpa's Avatar
ElectricGrandpa ElectricGrandpa is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
I just checked the trainyard site... And i must say i loved the "longest solution" section.

Heck, it gave me an idea of a whole new puzzle mode in the game. Make a really, long, winding, and most importantly OVER-LAPPING route. Objective in this mode should be to figure out which track should be on top to begin with. It gets spectacularly complicated in some of the longest solutions.
Hah that'd be interesting

In the next update (hopefully before Christmas), I'm including a little secret feature where if you double tap the status area in the bottom left while the trains are running, it goes into "warp mode" where it runs 100x faster than normal... Should make it so creating ultra long (million+ journey) solutions shouldn't take nearly as long.

Last edited by ElectricGrandpa; 12-04-2010 at 04:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
2manyapps 2manyapps is offline
Junior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Default Trainyard Strategy App?

I noticed a new Trainyard Strategy app yesterday. I didn't bother to download it as I've already finished it on my own . This doesn't sound like it's from the original developer, but the icon similarity is uncanny! Does it really belong in the App Store?
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
ElectricGrandpa's Avatar
ElectricGrandpa ElectricGrandpa is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyapps View Post
I noticed a new Trainyard Strategy app yesterday. I didn't bother to download it as I've already finished it on my own . This doesn't sound like it's from the original developer, but the icon similarity is uncanny! Does it really belong in the App Store?
Nope, it's bogus! Unfortunately there's no much I can do about this. There are apps like that for a lot of games. I tried emailing Apple but I got no response.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 12-07-2010, 05:11 PM
headcaseGames headcaseGames is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,865
Default

I guess you know you've officially "arrived" when people are making unofficial strategy guides about your game..
__________________
twitter - HeadcaseGames.com
Puzzling has Evolved - Get 180 for FREE until 2011! - Contest
FreeAppTracker.com Win ANY app you want, daily!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent