Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-21-2010, 12:48 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricGrandpa View Post
I didn't know there was a best logo thread, I'll have to look it up!
It's right here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=73069&
Old 11-21-2010, 01:04 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricGrandpa View Post
Yep I made all the levels myself! Trying to figure out the approximate difficulty of each one is the hardest part I didn't know there was a best logo thread, I'll have to look it up!
It is a mighty good logo. Though I must say I like the trainyard express logo more Like the "Express" slipstream in it.

!! 100th post !!

Last edited by spidey; 11-21-2010 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: update
Old 11-22-2010, 05:39 AM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpioneer View Post
I checked solutions for the first time after completing Barrel Roll and was surprised to see it was only track count listed.

My journey was only 25 steps. Anyone else have a shorter?
15, and I'm sure I can get it shorter too. For some reason I can't submit tracks unless I'm on wifi. I'll upload it tonight.

Edit: uploaded as http://trainyard.ca/85h6

Last edited by keyser_soze; 11-23-2010 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Added url after uploading
Old 11-27-2010, 07:51 PM
iPhone 4

Default longest solutions

Hi. I have been playing trainyard and express for some time (not finished yet), submitted some solutions too. Great game, thanks a lot for this game. It really deserves more than 1 dollar.

Now I try to submit a "longest running solution". But as you know it is going to take a few days for very long solutions (like 5M steps) to run completely on the phone. Are you going to do something for this issue? Example: the web page can check if the solution works, by making it run much faster on the server. Actually, if it just solves the given path instead of running it, it should not take more than a few seconds to find if the solution is valid and the number of steps.

Or, can I send my solution to you if you have another ways to do this?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidemedi View Post
Hi. I have been playing trainyard and express for some time (not finished yet), submitted some solutions too. Great game, thanks a lot for this game. It really deserves more than 1 dollar.

Now I try to submit a "longest running solution". But as you know it is going to take a few days for very long solutions (like 5M steps) to run completely on the phone. Are you going to do something for this issue? Example: the web page can check if the solution works, by making it run much faster on the server. Actually, if it just solves the given path instead of running it, it should not take more than a few seconds to find if the solution is valid and the number of steps.

Or, can I send my solution to you if you have another ways to do this?
Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about this right now. I don't have a program that runs the solutions on the server, however if your press "t" on your keyboard when the solution is playing in the web player, it'll go 100 times faster.

In the next update (hopefully coming before Christmas), I'm going to put in a turbo mode in the game where you can simulate the puzzles up to 100x faster than normal, so that'll make things quicker. Obviously not instantaneous, but fast enough for most people's uses.

-Matt
Old 12-04-2010, 02:54 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I just checked the trainyard site... And i must say i loved the "longest solution" section.

Heck, it gave me an idea of a whole new puzzle mode in the game. Make a really, long, winding, and most importantly OVER-LAPPING route. Objective in this mode should be to figure out which track should be on top to begin with. It gets spectacularly complicated in some of the longest solutions.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
I just checked the trainyard site... And i must say i loved the "longest solution" section.

Heck, it gave me an idea of a whole new puzzle mode in the game. Make a really, long, winding, and most importantly OVER-LAPPING route. Objective in this mode should be to figure out which track should be on top to begin with. It gets spectacularly complicated in some of the longest solutions.
Hah that'd be interesting

In the next update (hopefully before Christmas), I'm including a little secret feature where if you double tap the status area in the bottom left while the trains are running, it goes into "warp mode" where it runs 100x faster than normal... Should make it so creating ultra long (million+ journey) solutions shouldn't take nearly as long.

Last edited by ElectricGrandpa; 12-04-2010 at 04:35 PM..
Old 12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Default Trainyard Strategy App?

I noticed a new Trainyard Strategy app yesterday. I didn't bother to download it as I've already finished it on my own . This doesn't sound like it's from the original developer, but the icon similarity is uncanny! Does it really belong in the App Store?
Old 12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyapps View Post
I noticed a new Trainyard Strategy app yesterday. I didn't bother to download it as I've already finished it on my own . This doesn't sound like it's from the original developer, but the icon similarity is uncanny! Does it really belong in the App Store?
Nope, it's bogus! Unfortunately there's no much I can do about this. There are apps like that for a lot of games. I tried emailing Apple but I got no response.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:11 PM

I guess you know you've officially "arrived" when people are making unofficial strategy guides about your game..