Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 PM
ElectricGrandpa's Avatar
ElectricGrandpa ElectricGrandpa is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 341
Default

Yesss it's finally out! Check it out, lemme know what you think. I'll try to monitor this thread, so ask any questions and I'll do what I can to help!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-09-2010, 11:40 PM
TheSporkWithin TheSporkWithin is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 929
Default

And bought! Now to start reworking my way through the game...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 PM
ElectricGrandpa's Avatar
ElectricGrandpa ElectricGrandpa is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 341
Default

I *think* it should still retain your state from the beta if you've still got it on your phone, but let me know if it doesn't, I'm curious to find out.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 AM
TheSporkWithin TheSporkWithin is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricGrandpa View Post
I *think* it should still retain your state from the beta if you've still got it on your phone, but let me know if it doesn't, I'm curious to find out.
D'oh! I deleted the beta right before I downloaded it!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-10-2010, 12:14 AM
ElectricGrandpa's Avatar
ElectricGrandpa ElectricGrandpa is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
D'oh! I deleted the beta right before I downloaded it!
if you've synced to itunes in the past, it might have backed up your progress then... otherwise, I think you'll find that you can breeeeze right by the early levels now. Hot tip: I didn't want to make it easy to skip the tutorials(a lot of people will miss important stuff), but for you, since you already know how to play: in a tutorial, just press back, and then click on the level after the tutorial, you don't actually HAVE to watch the tutorials.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-10-2010, 12:54 AM
TheSporkWithin TheSporkWithin is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 929
Default

Yeah, I don't anticipate having too much trouble resolving, except on a few levels (but most of the really elaborate solutions I uploaded on the fantastic website). It's more a matter of having the time. I solved most of the puzzles while commuting to classes, but I don't have any of those til the fall. :P
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 AM
unbrokenchain33 unbrokenchain33 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,210
Default

Impressions?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-10-2010, 03:17 AM
Kaos999 Kaos999 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 197
Default

I beta tested this game, and it's absolutely brilliant. Some of the solutions you can pull off look amazing.

*goes and buys*
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-10-2010, 04:48 AM
skamando skamando is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 853
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Default

This is truly a fantastic game. Simple concept, wonderful execution. It just exudes polish. The only thing I believe could use work is the laying of the railroads themselves. The system is fine, it's just that placing them is either extremely touchy or extremely unresponsive. There are no real problems, as the game is a puzzle game and has no time constraints, so if it's touchiness causes problems, you can just fix it. However, for the best experience for your customers, a fine tune of the sensitivity issues for the tracklaying would be fantastic. It would really perfect this game.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Gabrien Gabrien is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skamando View Post
This is truly a fantastic game. Simple concept, wonderful execution. It just exudes polish. The only thing I believe could use work is the laying of the railroads themselves. The system is fine, it's just that placing them is either extremely touchy or extremely unresponsive. There are no real problems, as the game is a puzzle game and has no time constraints, so if it's touchiness causes problems, you can just fix it. However, for the best experience for your customers, a fine tune of the sensitivity issues for the tracklaying would be fantastic. It would really perfect this game.
Pretty much mirrors my own impressions. I didn't have THAT much trouble laying tracks, but it could definitely be better. Really excellent game overall.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent