★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Game - iGuess

02-24-2009, 03:12 AM
New Game - iGuess

Hey everyone, I am a 15 year old that has started developing and am happy to announce my first ever commercial, let alone iPhone, application. Whilst there is a 9 year old chinese girl that has done better than me in terms of her application I am still over the moon to get this far!

Here is the common post for my app on any forum that gives a crap

iGuess For the iPhone and iPod Touch.

"Ever been in the situation when you have a few minutes to kill but don't know how to kill that time?

Well now you can kill those minutes in style with iGuess for the iPhone and iPod Touch with 2 different modes of play:

TIME ATTACK: See how many numbers you can guess correctly in the time limit, the more numbers you guess correctly the more time you'll have.

FREE PLAY: When you want a more relaxed and casual game guess the number in as fewer tries as possible.

So stop twiddling your thumbs and kill those extra moments in style with iGuess, only for the iPhone and iPod Touch."

Some screenshots:

^ Time Attack Mode

^ Free Play Mode

Buy iGuess Now

Not the best thing I know but I am still so happy to have come this far.

A lite version should be up soon and is already on Cydia under the name "iGuess Lite"

~ Naughty Ottsel
02-24-2009, 09:25 AM
i wont quote cause thats quite a long post. but your only 15?
how much is it?
looks good

02-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey, yeah sorry for the long post but it give all the info about the game, i hope

Yep 15 and working my butt off with school, work (funding the game) and making this and it was a long trip to this stage but I am now over the moon now it's up

The app is $0.99 (0.59), I may sound like I am underselling myself but if I could I would've out it for less but then I am improving it, I am looking into a high scores view atm and do want to hear constructive criticsm :P.
02-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty_Ottsel View Post
Hey, yeah sorry for the long post but it give all the info about the game, i hope

Yep 15 and working my butt off with school, work (funding the game) and making this and it was a long trip to this stage but I am now over the moon now it's up

The app is $0.99 (0.59), I may sound like I am underselling myself but if I could I would've out it for less but then I am improving it, I am looking into a high scores view atm and do want to hear constructive criticsm :P.
looks good. i have a question. is it all luck?
02-24-2009, 11:16 AM
if we guess four does it say its to low and to go higher. then we get two more chances?
or is it one chance??
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
In Time Attack, the main gameplay mode, when the "New Game" Button is pressed the timer counts down from a minute whilst you guess the number that is between 1 & 100 if your guess is too low or too high you are prompted with a "Your Guess is Too High" or "Your Guess is Too Low" message untill you guess the number, if you guess the correct number in the time limit then you gain 10 seconds extra and a new number is generated, the high scores will eventually show the highest amount of guessed numbers in the time limit.

Free Play on the other hand has no time limit but tries to see if you can guess the number with as few a guesses as possible, the high scores will eventually show the lowest guesses.

I do plan to also have difficulty settings, that will also be shown in the high scores list, the difficulty will either change the highest possible number (free play), the begining time limit (time attack) or both (time attack)
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
ok, heres a breakdown of my questions

What is the number range?
are there different ranges?

have u checked out oynx online?

i think they have online leaderboards stuff

im buying this game

my first TOFFT
02-24-2009, 11:38 AM
At the moment the number range is only between 1 & 100 but new ranges are planned to be introduced in both modes e.g Time attack hard mode may have a number range of 1 & 500, or 1000 and have a time limit of 30 seconds.

I haven't yet but I will, thanks

Thanks for your support as well
02-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty_Ottsel View Post
At the moment the number range is only between 1 & 100 but new ranges are planned to be introduced in both modes e.g Time attack hard mode may have a number range of 1 & 500, or 1000 and have a time limit of 30 seconds.

I haven't yet but I will, thanks

Thanks for your support as well
ok, let me go get my ipotch

darn

it takes so long to sync

ill have a re view up soon
seems like something to pick up and play
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks

I think it is but then to others it isn't but these others have been new users of the iProducts altogether but communication to the user is a planned extra, maybe even having a button that would lead to a video tutorial.

But that idea straight away means recreating the app which will be good when I figure it out