★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take part in an exciting aerial adventure! Beast Flyers! is an action platformer that will have you fighting mythical beasts in the sky. Cling onto and control flying creatures using your magical energy rope! Play through a variety of missions including collecting magical sky crystals, avoiding dangerous obstacles like exploding rocks and lava spewing volcanoes. Experience different weather conditions like snow, rain and wind. Fend off vicious critters like sonar bats, winter owls and poisonous pterodactyls! Challenge giant beasts in epic boss battles! These include the phoenix of the flames and the lightning wyrm.

goiMot's comments:

05-01-2010, 10:34 AM
It looks cute but I just caught a BIG silly error!

The Open Feint "Total Score" is not simply combining the best score from each level played so far but combining the score of ALL games played so far, even replays of the same level which then renders this score, IMHO, completely meaningless.

How far in does one need to get in to open the Survival Mode?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

05-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Beast Flyers! Action Platformer in the skies Released!

Hello everyone,
we are pleased to announce our new action platformer that takes place in the skies. This is an exciting game where you control and steer aerial critters with your magical energy rope while fighting off vicious creatures.

It features:
- a full on story campaign
- research creatures to unlock their abilities/weapons
- a very special creature physics engine
- cool weather effects like wind, rain, snow, lightning, hail!
- fun rope physics!
- lots of creatures: bats, owls, poisonous pterodactlys
- epic boss battles against mythical beasts like the phoenix, lightning wyrm, big huge dragon
- OpenFeint for high scores and achievements

All this rendered in beautiful artwork
Please do let me know what you think! Comments/suggestions are most definitely welcome.

- thanks! Developer of Beast Flyers!

Check out the game here:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Itunes info:

Website for more info:
http://www.troodonproductions.net/BeastFlyers/
05-01-2010, 11:47 AM
congrats on the release

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
05-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
congrats on the release
Thanks for the support! Again any thoughts/comments on the game are welcome

- Developer of Beast Flyers!
05-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Posted on promo thread too. The grammar sounds off for the name and phrase you use in video. I think you use it too much.
05-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Tweeted and posted on facebook.
@pcgeek1973

game looks awesome!!!
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Hmm the open feint score for non survival mode is meant for the total combined score of all the levels... (That's why it's called Total Score)
Survival Mode is unlocked when you complete the story missions.
Having said that, I do apologise for the confusion and what you mentioned makes a lot of sense. Right now I am already working on the update to the game and I will definitely put in per level scores.

thanks for the support!
Developer of Beast Flyers!
05-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Impressions anyone? I am still kind of confused on how this game works.
05-01-2010, 01:32 PM
You have a magical energy rope that allows you to cling onto the flying critters in the game. You start off with basic weapons like the throwing knife and a close range melee sword. There are different levels in the game, some involve collecting crystals, others involve fighting off creatures. There are also boss battles. As you defeat the bosses, you earn research points that allow you to unlock their weapons and abilities which you can then use in the other levels.

thanks,
Developer of Beast Flyers!