iPhone: Pinball Dreams

02-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Pinball Dreams

[App Store Link] $5.99

Quote:
" Pinball Dreaming: Pinball Dreams is the official iPhone version of the classic Amiga pinball simulator originally released in 1992.

It features the original four tables and addictive unique gameplay.

In addition to the original graphics and audio the iPhone version also features improved graphics (optional) and gameplay in both portrait and landscape."
Amiga videos below:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 02-01-2009 at 12:41 AM.
02-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Oh, this looks just great. Portrait and Landscape modes? This is perfect for the iDevice.

Steep price though, going to check out the videos first. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

02-01-2009, 12:35 AM
As a pinball freak, i was excited to see this thread. Then i saw the frame rate and the price...

i wish Epic ported over their pinball games from the mid 90s (PC)

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
02-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Videos are of the Amiga, not the iphone

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
02-01-2009, 12:51 AM
No company dev name mentioned on the AppStore?

I hope with all these Amiga 'ports' (Rick Rocketson, Nickyboom, etc) devs are getting appropriate licensing if they don't own the original IP. Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment who did the 1992 Amiga version were bought out by EA in 1994 if I recall correctly.

Looks the goods though... if you're into pinball titles you may want to snap this up quickly despite of the price (it is four tables after all, not too bad) incase EA decide to complain.

iPad 3G: The first personal computer.
02-01-2009, 01:05 AM
i knew i was missing something on my iphone. I totally forgot about pinball games. I love 'em. I wish they could be the same as Microsoft 3D pinball - Space cadet. I like the table, music etc. I don't really like half-pinball table on the screen. But, I might just get this one. Any lite version? hehehe..

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!
02-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
Videos are of the Amiga, not the iphone
That's good. I would get it if it runs smooth.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
02-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm imagery View Post
as a pinball freak, i was excited to see this thread. Then i saw the frame rate and the price...

I wish epic ported over their pinball games from the mid 90s (pc)
omg yes!

Check Out Gaming & iPhone Info @
http://megascorcher.net
02-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM imagery View Post
That's good. I would get it if it runs smooth.
For a game as aged as this one on a device this advanced, I'd wager the frame rate will be spectacular.

Price is bound to drop though, if it doesn't get pulled as some are speculating.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Gee, I wish someone would hurry up and buy it & write a review so we can all get it before it gets pulled!
We need a guinea pig. Hmmmm...how 'bout you, salsamd, since you started the thread?

I'd really like to see the old "3-D Ultra Pinball" come to the the iPhone--that's a great game....