★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Snarp
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.8 MB
  • Version: 1.04
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This game is about jumping. Well, what else did you expect with that title? It features simple "one touch leads to one jump" controls and 70 short levels with increasing difficulty. It is basically a jump and run game, just that the running is not controlled by you, so that you can concentrate on the jumping.

I could of course tell you that by playing this game you will improve your reaction time, that your finger muscles will be stronger and that you will lead a happier life with lots of new friends. But I won't. Because the game really is just about jumping...

What do players say about this game?
"anyone who enjoys a good challenge (and obscure '20s-'40s era swing music, for that matter) should not ignore this unusually-named platformer"
GamePro Score 4.5/5 stars

"this is without a doubt one of my favorite iPhone games in recent months"

"well, I'm still playing it"

This game is one of the 67 games in the book "Buttonless: Incredible iPhone and iPad Games and the Stories Behind Them" by Ryan Rigney!! Go read it!

Also check out my other free game "Mesli"!

Gabrien's comments:
A perfect example of how the simplest form of gameplay (automatically run from left to right and jump to avoid obstacles ala Canabalt, etc.) can be transformed through particular use of graphics and music/sound into something just a little bit special. This is more than worth anyone's buck (even if the Kieslowski reference, whether intentional or not, holds no relevance to you whatsoever.)

06-09-2010, 11:45 PM
I thought this was okay but not great. I love the character, the backgrounds and the music but not so much the rest of what is here.

I found that when jumping on higher ground the game can be a little jerky. The one touch controls work well but when the character dies, it just falls through the ground. Speaking of the ground, I wasn't that impressed with it.

Good start to a game but some polish is needed.
06-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to RKRigney
To the rest of the TA forumgoers, I have to say--Bazooka is flat out wrong about this game. Yes, the art isn't the greatest, but as a fan of old-school platformers, this is without a doubt one of my favorite iPhone games in recent months. It's short and you're likely to only play through it once, but it's a great little snack of a game.

www.rkrigney.com
Ryan Rigney - Freelance Writer
06-18-2010, 11:03 AM
Well, I'm still playing it. Still love the music and the atmosphere it creates. And I actually really like the art too. I see people complaining occasionally about games lacking heart. If that is you, you need to check this game out. This game is all heart. You'll fall in love faster than you can say "production values."