★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Have a kickabout wherever you are with this great new app brought to you in association with Skype!

Based around freestyling Keepy-Uppy football skills, the aim of the game is to kick the ball as many times as you can without letting it hit the pitch.

Tilting the device to move a target around the screen, players must keep their eye on the ball whilst timing their kicks to keep the game going.

Think youve got sharp skills? Then play for your country by uploading your score to the global leader board, fighting your corner for overall Kickabout champ status!

Kickabout is packed full of features, including:

Accelerometer based game play control
Realistic 3D football animation
Immersive first person gaming perspective
Real-time country and individual player league tables
In-game stadium sound design

Runloop's comments:
We've just finished developing Kickabout just in time for the World Cup. It's a keepy uppy football game. For those that don't know keepy ups is the skill of kicking a football (soccerball) as many times as you can without dropping it.

Gameplay is accelerometer based. Players must get the target over the ball before it hits the ground and tap the screen to kick it. You cannot kick it while it is too high though. You can use the shadow to gauge the ball height, and the cursor will change from pink to white to indicate you can kick. To add an extra challenge there is the concept of feet, when the ball is over the far right side, the left foot will be out of action. Same applies for when the ball is over the far left.

Compete on an individual level and play for your country with the two leaderboards.

I'm the player loadedwino and have so far scored 312. I'm looking forward to some actual gamers that can challenge me. I'll also try and get hold of some promocodes soon.

06-10-2010, 05:18 AM
Nice!It looks good!

Can you post a gameplay video also?And promo codes are welcome in this forum

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7

06-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Here's a gameplay video. I was purposely playing a bit wild as that triggers some of the sound effects. The camera was resting on the glass of a coffee table which is why the sound is slightly muffled. Hopefully, the quality of the video will improve soon.

I'll see what I can do about the promocodes, it wasn't published through our dev account so I don't have direct access.

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
nice vid!
i will buy it..but i am waiting for pes 2010(comes out tonight?!?)...

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
06-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeli7 View Post
nice vid!
i will buy it..but i am waiting for pes 2010(comes out tonight?!?)...
I'm not sure you'll be able to tell the difference to be honest ;-)
06-10-2010, 03:00 PM
im maybe gonna pick this later.

looks interesting.
06-10-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm bound to say this as I made it but it's actually quite addictive. The concept is obviously very simple and you once you have mastered it, which doesn't take long, it becomes a test of your concentration. Kickabout games then live and die in your mind.
06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
cool

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
06-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Shh... don't tell my clients but I'm going to hide this dirty World Cup ball in the next update.

06-11-2010, 05:09 AM
just bought it.. and it is great!