★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mamba Racer or Urban Tycoon

10-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Mamba Racer or Urban Tycoon

I know there both only 2 bucks but im trying to cut down on the number of apps ive bought cause since its release ive spent too TOO much money. What do you think is better??
Cheers
CloneWars
10-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Black Mamba, but thats my opinion, I love old arcade style games.

10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
black mamba hands down - the abundance of levels and well-crafted design will definitely allow it to be a better pick-up-and-play game (and probably a better game overall)
10-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I finished Black Mamba today and my only complaint with it is that there was nothing after challenge 25 (well, there is an additional challenge on the same level that you might get, depending, but it doesn't really count - you'll see what I mean.) Mind you, there is some replay value in going back to tackle some of the challenges again, as some are still tough, and setting fastest lap records. I do wish that there had been, say, unlocking of a hard mode or some such thing. In any case the game is thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish and I'm totally fine with having payed full price for it. Great game IMHO.
10-15-2008, 10:57 PM
I played both. Urban Tycoon briefly. But I'd say Mamba is worth more.

arn
10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneWars View Post
I know there both only 2 bucks but im trying to cut down on the number of apps ive bought cause since its release ive spent too TOO much money. What do you think is better??
Cheers
CloneWars
I'd stay away from Urban Tycoon until they actually make it into a game!

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/urban-tycoon-review

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
10-16-2008, 09:38 PM
You have no idea how ripped off I felt after I played Urban Tycoon.

Complete waste of money, but at least I have free updates until they actually make something out of it.
10-16-2008, 11:58 PM
After the dev made such a big deal about Urban Tycoon here at TA, I was soo disappointed after buying it. There is no game factor in it. It should totally be avoided. Black Mamba is however a very fun game. I can't put it down since buying it.
10-17-2008, 02:55 AM
I bought Mamba and I still don't know whether I like it. The gameplay is nice, but the whole presentation looks a bit unpolished. I have nothing against retro, but this looks a bit unprofessional. I also find the driving a bit too ambitioned, but if you are more than just a casual gamer, this will be no problem.

For Urban Tycoon, as the current reviews say, it's not worth any money. It's just no game in it and regarding the initial talks of the developer, I'm very disappointed. Sad (for the developer) and good (for me), in december Sim City will arrive and as far as that looks, EA doesn't give us a childish unplayable peace of crap like on the Nintendo DS, but a real Sim City. I think, that the sales numbers of Urban Tycoon will be zero in december, regardless of what update they will bring out. The bad feelings of the version 1 will drop the sales of version 2, and so will the forthcoming arrival of the original Sim City.

Urban Tycoon is a remarkable good example for the combination of bad promotion, a bad product and a bad timing. All three together kill the product.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
10-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsum View Post
After the dev made such a big deal about Urban Tycoon here at TA, I was soo disappointed after buying it. There is no game factor in it. It should totally be avoided. Black Mamba is however a very fun game. I can't put it down since buying it.
I almost felt sorry for the guy too... He was acting small and helpless saying he had no chance against EA

Thank god those Sim City screenshots came out soon after